Behind the scenes - Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Maybe they're using also this technique.
Last edited by Picasso on July 19th, 2019, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

pk12 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 9:44 am
OK, now this is pretty confusing :D
Well, then. That certainly settles the whole "this is totally normal" thing, doesn't it?

Nolan, what are you doing, you crafty bastard. :think:

Picasso wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 11:01 am
Maybe they're using also this technique.
Even if they're using it for some scenes, here is absolutely intentional ... Nolan just turn simple technique from defect to effect.

What is this movie?

Well, a few things come to mind:
The first time I saw the "slow-mo driving in reverse" video, I thought it was something creepily amazing, then people pointed out that it's a common technique used in action films, and I saw the Avengers video and the Jason Bourne stuff and I was like okay, I was really dumb to get excited.

But now it does look like there's an intentional discrepancy between the movement of the car being filmed and the cars moving around it. I mean, there isn't really any other explanation for how this scene folds out, whether it's played backwards or forwards or in slow motion or sped up, right? It looks like surrounding cars move in reverse, in unison, while there's one car that is navigating in-between them.

Unless I am, once again, totally mistaken.

And one more thing: I think it's time not to check anything else that leaks from the shooting.

I wonder if Nolan is going to utilise a lot more VFX than usual for this. Seems a bit weird to have some cars drive in reverse and such...

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 12:11 pm
Well, a few things come to mind:
The first time I saw the "slow-mo driving in reverse" video, I thought it was something creepily amazing, then people pointed out that it's a common technique used in action films, and I saw the Avengers video and the Jason Bourne stuff and I was like okay, I was really dumb to get excited.

But now it does look like there's an intentional discrepancy between the movement of the car being filmed and the cars moving around it. I mean, there isn't really any other explanation for how this scene folds out, whether it's played backwards or forwards or in slow motion or sped up, right? It looks like surrounding cars move in reverse, in unison, while there's one car that is navigating in-between them.

Unless I am, once again, totally mistaken.

And one more thing: I think it's time not to check anything else that leaks from the shooting.
You are not mistaken, you are totally right. And these scenes will look awesome and unique on the big screen in the final film.

One thing to point out tho is that
the cars the are driving backwards aren't reacting the car that is driving forward. And it's not like it's the only car going forward.
Isn't this supposed to be a long shoot? The VFX must be minimal. Maybe Tallinn has the most VFX so they shot there first.

Ace
Nolan asks for two extra days on the Laagna Road.

Funfair Films Limited, headed by director Christopher Nolan's new film project "Tenet", wishes the City of Tallinn two more days with traffic restrictions on Laagna. "We initially asked for more days to take action, the discussion was over for three or four weeks, but we realize that Tallinn cannot afford a period with so much traffic restrictions," explained Thomas Hayslip, producer of Funfair Films Limited. «Movie shooting is in full swing, but we still need two extra days to finish this part of the movie.»
Funfair Films Limited is filming on Wednesday and Thursday, 24 and 25 July.
"Both Tallinn city authorities and local residents have been very helpful and cooperative, and we hope for continued support until the end of our film production in Estonia," added Hayslip.
"Cooperation between the City of Tallinn and Funfair Films Limited has been successful thanks to direct communication between filmmakers and representatives of various city agencies."
Hayslip apologized for the temporary inconvenience caused by cinematography to local people, but mentioned that, despite the restrictions, the city was able to keep traffic running. He added that the cultural program “Lasnamäe Filmisuvi” (“Lasnamäe Filmisuvi”), compiled by the city of Tallinn and funded by filmmakers, has proved successful and well received by the people.
Until now, the shooting time of the Laagna Canal is 10-14. July and July 17-21 July
https://www.postimees.ee/6734247/nolan- ... -lisapaeva

Ace wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:05 pm
Nolan asks for two extra days on the Laagna Road.

Funfair Films Limited, headed by director Christopher Nolan's new film project "Tenet", wishes the City of Tallinn two more days with traffic restrictions on Laagna. "We initially asked for more days to take action, the discussion was over for three or four weeks, but we realize that Tallinn cannot afford a period with so much traffic restrictions," explained Thomas Hayslip, producer of Funfair Films Limited. «Movie shooting is in full swing, but we still need two extra days to finish this part of the movie.»
Funfair Films Limited is filming on Wednesday and Thursday, 24 and 25 July.
"Both Tallinn city authorities and local residents have been very helpful and cooperative, and we hope for continued support until the end of our film production in Estonia," added Hayslip.
"Cooperation between the City of Tallinn and Funfair Films Limited has been successful thanks to direct communication between filmmakers and representatives of various city agencies."
Hayslip apologized for the temporary inconvenience caused by cinematography to local people, but mentioned that, despite the restrictions, the city was able to keep traffic running. He added that the cultural program “Lasnamäe Filmisuvi” (“Lasnamäe Filmisuvi”), compiled by the city of Tallinn and funded by filmmakers, has proved successful and well received by the people.
Until now, the shooting time of the Laagna Canal is 10-14. July and July 17-21 July
https://www.postimees.ee/6734247/nolan- ... -lisapaeva
It will be hard to convince the mayor...