Behind the scenes - Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
SR0205 wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:45 am
kamelgunner wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:40 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:36 am

I get confused, too. What were pattinson and washington doing in this video?
maybe fighting with others guys and nolan and the crew are on the right shooting on a dolly with the imax
Doesn't look like they're fighting. I think they're setting something up.
I agree with this one. they were moving something back and forth.

kamelgunner wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:30 am
Ace wrote:
September 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm
anyone knows which actor they were following with the imax handheld could be robert pattinson nope
I see black Nike trainers. Pattinson wears black Nikes.

Old pic

Ace
Christopher Nolan wraps up his ten-day Mumbai schedule in just five days; leaves for LA
Ten-day shoot wrapped up in five days
The director made the most of his time in the city. We were told, “Nolan doesn’t indulge in small talk, and even if he does, it isn’t an irrelevant conversation.” Even the Mumbai rains couldn’t deter him. Our source shared, “He’s driven, but unpredictable. He was to shoot only at Colaba Causeway and Yacht Club on the first day, but he finished those scenes quickly and got into a launch at the Gateway of India to start shooting the scenes that were scheduled for the next day. Within two days, he moved to the fourth location — a high-rise at Breach Candy. There, the crew shot from 4 pm to 6 am and finished the stunt scenes in just three days.” Nolan finished his ten-day schedule just in five days. The Mumbai shoot ended on Friday at 7 pm. Nolan and crew, who were stationed on the footpath opposite the high-rise with the cameras, clapped and congratulated each other after calling it a wrap. Nolan was the first to leave for the SOBO hotel, and his team followed soon after. They left for Los Angeles yesterday, ahead of their schedule.

Chand restaurant set was just a back-up; Nolan stuck to real locations
No scenes were shot at the restaurant set that was erected for the film on the sea-facing promenade near the Gateway of India. Named Chand restaurant, we hear, the set was strictly a back-up in case it became impossible for Nolan to shoot in the sea as planned. The filmmaker stuck to real locations in South Mumbai instead — Colaba Causeway market, Cafe Mondegar, Yacht Club, Gateway of India, a Breach Candy high-rise, an adjacent smaller building and terraces of both these buildings. A local vegetable and fast food market were created in these buildings’ compound for the shoot.

The Rajasthan connection
At Nolan’s Gateway shoot, men and women dressed in traditional Rajasthani attire were seen. Apparently, Nolan loved the outfits, which he recalled seeing during his Jodhpur shoot at Mehrangarh Fort for The Dark Knight Rises (2012). Apparently, he asked his team to fly more people straight from Rajasthan to Mumbai, instead of dressing up locals in that outfit to retain authenticity.

Helicopter, stunts and traffic
On Friday (the last day of the shoot) a helicopter was used to film some aerial shots of the Breach Candy high-rise and the sea. Shooting on the main road of an area like Breach Candy was well-managed despite high traffic and rains. Vehicles were allowed to pass, but they weren’t allowed to halt near the shoot.

It's quite insane he got everything planned for a ten day shoot done in five days :shock:

also pretty cool they stuck to real locations only

They built a set just as precaution, this is the kind of production planning i dream of being able to work with in films, that efficiency too, 5 days ? elite crew right there.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 12:38 am
They built a set just as precaution, this is the kind of production planning i dream of being able to work with in films, that efficiency too, 5 days ? elite crew right there.
It's a Hollywood studio movie with a quarter billion dollar budget. Of course it's going to be efficient.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
Absolutely

gropercity wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 1:19 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
It's a Hollywood studio movie with a quarter billion dollar budget. Of course it's going to be efficient.
Well, high budgets alone have never stopped plenty of other movies from being behind schedule (and subsequently going over budget, too). It's pretty damn impressive actually, cutting a shoot like that in half. Especially taking into account the uncooperative weather.

Nolan's a crafty one. He tells Warner Bros. he's gonna need this amount of money to shoot for a certain amount of days, while he knows all along he can get it done sooner and for less $$$ than anticipated, making WB happy, which continues to help give him the autonomy to make what he wants (along with turning a good-size profit, of course).