Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Vader182 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:00 pm

AMC are fucking cowards. Blaming this on "politics" is the same company line as a fossil fuel company blaming "politics" when they continue to poison the world.

Worse than the mask rules, though, is the fact AMC plans to reopen at 100% by November for No Time to Die. It's transparent and despicable.

-Vader
I am not an american...I have never heard a single good thing about AMC theatres. (Even outside of the current PR and Safety issues being discoursed about).
It's a huge chain...I only visited it once and I have no issues with it.

Forum Pro
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:53 pm
A Borges man wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:00 pm

AMC are fucking cowards. Blaming this on "politics" is the same company line as a fossil fuel company blaming "politics" when they continue to poison the world.

Worse than the mask rules, though, is the fact AMC plans to reopen at 100% by November for No Time to Die. It's transparent and despicable.

-Vader
I am not an american...I have never heard a single good thing about AMC theatres. (Even outside of the current PR and Safety issues being discoursed about).
They play movies. What the fuck else is there to know?
well-maintained environment, clean, projectors in good condition, quality customer service?
There's more to the theatre business than just pressing "play" and calling it a day

I actually love AMC. I used to go to a standard theater, but once I got a taste of the AMC dine in theater with reclining chairs, I haven't been back to standard. I have been going for years and have never had a problem. Great customer service and clean environment.

Sounds like I wrote a Yelp review

DylanHoang wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 12:36 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:53 pm
A Borges man wrote:

They play movies. What the fuck else is there to know?
well-maintained environment, clean, projectors in good condition, quality customer service?
There's more to the theatre business than just pressing "play" and calling it a day
No I know, but I haven't had anything bad to say about there myself. I've experienced all of the above myself, and they have the best loyalty membership for those who are nearby one of their theaters.

Sometimes it's hard to hear about "good" things for things that are going as expected. That's the case for myself and AMC. My only problem is I don't have one within 25 minutes of me since I've moved.

Vader182 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm
That's bad science for a few reasons but I'll share two.

One is quite obvious: these are faulty points of comparison. You can't compare a group of people sitting in a contained space for a long duration to much bigger spaces and people passing through them continuously.

The second point hinges on the fact that in 90% of instances, nobody has any idea how particular groups did or didn't get the virus due to the petri-dish like nature of public spaces. So the scarcity of cut-and-dry instances around AC isn't as meaningful as it seems.

And considering there's thousands of restaurants on the brink of going under but still don't practice covid-19 mitigation protocols correctly, you're very naive if you think every or even most AMC's in the country will implement these practices with equal care.

https://la.eater.com/2020/6/15/21292152 ... -covid-19

-Vader
Where is the science explanation when it comes to protesting and rioting??..LOL

I didnt see any health expert say anything about the virus when thousands of people did rioting and looting..LOL

If you talk about SCIENCE we all know the virus dont care whenever you are making political movement like BLM or not...

of cource health is not political..but nowdays how regulation and our opinion deal to it we are know that's POLITICAL

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:42 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:27 pm
El Especial wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 7:39 pm
AMC Theatres Reopening July 15
[quoteAMC has made official their U.S. reopening plans after what will be a four-month shutdown due to COVID-19 with 450 U.S. locations on July 15, roughly 150 remaining locations in time for Disney’s Mulan on July 24 and Warner Bros. Tenet on July 31.

AMC will have open their locations over four internal phases. In phase 1 with 30% seating capacity. At all theatres nationwide in non-recliner auditoriums, AMC will automatically block out every other row of seats for every showtime. ]
https://deadline.com/2020/06/amc-reopen ... 202963341/
No mask required since AMC doesn’t want to make a political statement

Since when is health political? Ugh stupidity on AMC's behalf. Movie theaters "strongly encouraging" the use of face masks is as useless as movie theaters "strongly encouraging" that you not use your phone during the movie.
This is what happens when you have poor political leadership at almost every level of government. Honestly, I hate to bring trump into the conversation but let’s be real, if he showed up to places in a mask and listened to his own health experts, and reiterated and reassured the public that this was not political and that wearing one is the best form of prevention, I think we’d be seeing much more confidence from companies to implement a mask policy, but this became political so unnecessarily, and it’s maddening.

Frankthetank wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 2:21 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 8:42 pm
No mask required since AMC doesn’t want to make a political statement

Since when is health political? Ugh stupidity on AMC's behalf. Movie theaters "strongly encouraging" the use of face masks is as useless as movie theaters "strongly encouraging" that you not use your phone during the movie.
This is what happens when you have poor political leadership at almost every level of government. Honestly, I hate to bring trump into the conversation but let’s be real, if he showed up to places in a mask and listened to his own health experts, and reiterated and reassured the public that this was not political and that wearing one is the best form of prevention, I think we’d be seeing much more confidence from companies to implement a mask policy, but this became political so unnecessarily, and it’s maddening.

Have you ever seen the almaighty Director-General of the World Health Organization TEDROS ADHANOM showed in public in mask??...LOL

and trump's health expert say nothing when there is mass concentration in BLM protesting happened...so didn't the virus work when it comes to BLM movement???...LOL

LET'S BE REAL all of your opinion about the current situasion is just based on your political bias.....SO DON'T BE SO DRAMATIC

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 2:50 am
Have you ever seen the almaighty Director-General of the World Health Organization TEDROS ADHANOM showed in public in mask??...LOL

and trump's health expert say nothing when there is mass concentration in BLM protesting happened...so didn't the virus work when it comes to BLM movement???...LOL

LET'S BE REAL all of your opinion about the current situasion is just based on your political bias.....SO DON'T BE SO DRAMATIC
Look, maybe it would be for the best if no one replied to this, but I will bite:

First of all, please discuss the protest and riots and the BLM movement in another topic. Second, it's true the WHO's initial position was not to wear masks; I remember the headlines as well. Third, it's possible that the WHO itself changed its stance on this matter, no? Also, most countries enforce wearing masks - including mine. Go on the subway, go to a shop, and wearing masks is mandatory. And the same goes for most countries. Really, the only Western country that makes a fuss about this is good old America.

With that said, please move this discussion to somewhere else. Another mention of the BLM protests in this discussion and I will have you hanged, drawn and quartered... (something I would say if I was a mod)

Would post this in the Covid vs Cinema thread but since this has become the de facto cinema reopening discussion thread on here...

Hell of an interview. Now someone put this sort of questioning to Nolan and don't pussyfoot around it during the junket