Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
radewart wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 3:48 pm
Whatever WB decides they have to announce by like Wednesday, because if they are keeping that August 12th date, then theaters that are currently closed need time to remodel with plexiglass and other safety issues, and also start gathering whatever staff they can back and retrain them for proper procedures.
Is that going between seats?

What is that going to do with sound reflection from the movie you're watching?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 3:54 pm
radewart wrote:
Whatever WB decides they have to announce by like Wednesday, because if they are keeping that August 12th date, then theaters that are currently closed need time to remodel with plexiglass and other safety issues, and also start gathering whatever staff they can back and retrain them for proper procedures.

No, it would be between customers and employees working the registers at the box office and concession stand

radewart wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 3:57 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 3:54 pm
radewart wrote:

No, it would be between customers and employees working the registers at the box office and concession stand
Thanks, that makes a bunch more sense.

For whatever reason I was picturing that they already had this, but I guess I was solely thinking about the box office itself... or my last visit to Jamba Juice, either/or. :eh:

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 3:14 pm
rotas wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 3:09 pm
speedy117 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Fuck IMAX and VOD, I want to watch this in Fortnite...
Can we please perma ban 12 yr olds^
He was clearly joking...
What is up with everyone these days?
wait really? couldn't tell. I'll stop w/ the sarcasm my bad bud

Vader182 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 2:41 pm
One film can’t save theater industry.
who ever said that it would? I see this statement all the time and it's arguing against something nobody actually believes. The late summer / fall winter slate is packed. Mid to high budget studio programmers are out every 1-2 weeks from August to December.

To a fault, Nolan wants to lead by example with Tenet. But nobody from Nolan, WB or theaters owners believe one or two movies will rescue them indefinitely.

-Vader
Theaters aren't ready to open yet. Nolan doesn't need be first to open. If WB moves all of August movies will move. Some September movies might move as well. I feel like more movies will move in the winter. With flu season starting it will make testing harder and movies will start to have poor box office results. Most people when polled do not want to theaters right now. No need for Tenet to bomb.

KEM
Well this movie isn’t making much money anyways, the more times they delay it the more money they’re gonna have to spend on marketing which would only further increase the amount they’d need to make back to just break even, but if they release it now not many people are going to go see it (or will even be able to in the first place). Everything about this is a lose/lose situation, there is absolutely no way they can win here, all they can do is make the best of it and give us a great film as soon as possible, making money is out of the question.

I hate this year. Just torture in every way. And it started off so promising.

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 9:00 pm
it feels like these last 3 years have been getting worse and worse both globally and personaly, i dread the prospect of 2021 being shit too, must be my generational insecurities about the future, i mean can it really get worse still ?

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 9:00 pm
it feels like these last 3 years have been getting worse and worse both globally and personaly, i dread the prospect of 2021 being shit too, must be my generational insecurities about the future, i mean can it really get worse still ?

Not the topic for this discussion, but... to be honest, "year" is a human invention (or convention), so if you really want to look at time that way, I guess you could always come up with these "this year and this year was a horrible year" arguments, but I never liked them :D There are good times and worse times and very bad times - and of course it can get worse, but it can get better as well. It can also depend on where you live, but, for example, even my parents' generation had much worse times than these back when they were younger, and they turned out fine. Don't be afraid of years :D Make the best of your time.