Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
intersteIIarx wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 8:06 pm
geozou1 wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 7:28 pm
I don't think we're going back to the movies this year at all. Disney has delayed almost everything, it isn't looking good. Come fall/winter time when people get sick from the flu, people will start to panic again and there will be more closures. People won't know if they have Covid or the regular flu. We need to just accept it....this truly is the worst year.
As an Australian in the thick of a 2nd wave worse than the initial wave, I can say being in winter and in flu season infinitely exacerbates COVID. Firstly, people don’t get tested because they think they’ve just got a normal cold or flu and secondly people are just so tired of restrictions and lockdowns they become complacent. 90% of people who eventually got tested still went shopping and to work as if they didn’t have symptoms. And 50% of people who got tested and were supposed to self-isolate at home while they wait for their result, were still outside the house doing normal activities.
Couldn't have said it better. I fear the worst is yet to come this winter.....

antovolk wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 5:00 pm

Yeah this is getting crazy.
CARL QUINTANILLA: Hey John, it’s Carl. A lot of movie lovers have spent the week talking about Tenet. And you said you can assure us that it will not migrate away from theatrical release. Does that mean that you’re seeing something more constructive in theaters than consensus?

STANKEY: No, I don’t think so. I think as I said on the call, Carl, that I don’t know that I can predict exactly when theater goers are going to return And what’s one of the problems around kind of reopening theaters if you think about it, is you can’t go and release something like Tenet and open it up geographically. When it releases in a theater, it pretty much needs to release nationwide. So, if you have a major metropolitan area, say Los Angeles, it’s totally out of check. But you have some part of the country that maybe is more in control, that doesn’t necessarily give you an option to go open it in half the country, it just doesn’t work very well that way. You know my point on Tenet is it’s a movie and an experience, it should be seen in theaters and it was engineered to be that way. And as a result of that, it needs to show up that way. And certainly, Christopher would like it to be validated. That’s how he wants that piece of work that he’s done to be seen by movie goers, and that’s why it’s going to be something that shows up in a theater.
Then again, Stankey probably would love for Nolan to back off, delay to 21 or just HBO Max it...
So, an international release followed by releasing it in safer parts of the US first before areas like LA and NY is no more?? I thought that was the plan Monday.

Collins wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 8:28 pm
Interstellar will be re-released in China on Aug 2nd
https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/ ... 26145?s=20

China ready to show movies longer than 2 hours ?
In China, it’s common that so called policies sometimes not be enforced.

And yeah!! Great news for us!!! Heard Inception re-release will be announced soon also.

New Paramount release dates:

'A Quiet Place 2' now April 23, 2021

'Top Gun: Maverick' now July 2, 2021

'Jackass' now September 3, 2021

:think:

Ok... all pushed from 2020 to 2021.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:02 pm
Collins wrote:
Interstellar will be re-released in China on Aug 2nd

And yeah!! Great news for us!!! Heard Inception re-release will be announced soon also.
and TENET release to follow soon as well I predict. You lucky!

LeoCobb wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:39 pm
New Paramount release dates:

'A Quiet Place 2' now April 23, 2021

'Top Gun: Maverick' now July 2, 2021

'Jackass' now September 3, 2021

:think:

Ok... all pushed from 2020 to 2021.
Is this true? Now most likely Tenet will be delayed to next year....

EDIT: just found out it's all true. 2020 is officially dead. I'm expecting Warner Bros. to announce the delay of Tenet, WW84 and Dune tomorrow or next week.

The Special One wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:43 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:02 pm
Collins wrote:

and TENET release to follow soon as well I predict. You lucky!
I wish

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 7:11 pm
Speak for yourself.
I speak for myself and the general public, not delusional nolan fanboys

People don't give a fuck about nolan his saviour complex ego, if anything has backfired on social media. And good

Defending at this point Warner clownery and contradictions. is not something I'm going to do anymore
Last edited by Lincoln on July 23rd, 2020, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.