Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Flutterby wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Vader182 wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Theaters are more dangerous than restaurants. Make your own choices, but don't spread misinformation.
Depends where you're at. Japanese theaters are blocking 3 seats out of 4, meanwhile restaurants or izakayas are literally full of drunk salarymen shouting without masks.
ha!

I hate to breakup The cat fight, but Inception tickets are on sale at AMC in the US. Regal is slowly opening up their sales one theater at a time. This is happening. THIS IS HAPPENING. There hasn’t been this much confidence in exhibitors or WB for any of the other listed release dates for Tenet.

Nicewatch wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:57 pm
I hate to breakup The cat fight, but Inception tickets are on sale at AMC in the US. Regal is slowly opening up their sales one theater at a time. This is happening. THIS IS HAPPENING. There hasn’t been this much confidence in exhibitors or WB for any of the other listed release dates for Tenet.
Could someone assist me with knowing when Regal will open on South Beach, FL? I have been hearing rumors about it being on October but I can’t accept that😭 I really need Tenet ASAP, especially the Inception re release!

andresi09 wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 12:01 am
Nicewatch wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 11:57 pm
Could someone assist me with knowing when Regal will open on South Beach, FL? I have been hearing rumors about it being on October but I can’t accept that😭 I really need Tenet ASAP, especially the Inception re release!
AMC’s website lists when specific theaters will reopen, most in FL will open 8.20, but most of the south Florida locations say “will reopen when local government allows”
I feel your pain, MOS in Ft. Lauderdale JUST reinstalled their 70mm IMAX system, but they had to re-close very shortly after. I was going to travel all the way from Orlando to experience it the way Nolan intended, but there’s no earthly idea if they’ll be open in time or if they’ll even snag a 70mm print. I would recommend traveling an hour or two to the nearest town with open theaters come 9.3

EDIT: I spoke too soon! This says Regal Cypress Creek will open 8.28!

https://www.regmovies.com/theatres/rega ... -mode=list
Last edited by Nicewatch on August 14th, 2020, 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Just let me know when it's worth investing in their stock. It's really low now, but I also don't to buy a lot if and when it could crash.

welp, apparently wb wants 55/45 split of box office (in their favor) instead of regular 50/50 (at least here locally), and according to local distributor it's not just here but also internationally. which is major yikes, i'll go to cinemas to support cinemas during pandemic and not some billionaire studio which will stay billionaire. and one of the biggest chains refuses to sign new agreement, they own my local cinema (which hasn't reopened yet :? ) and imax laser cinema i watch every imax movie in so i now understand why they got nothing on tenet on their website yet.
:shifty:

the source is in russian http://www.kinometro.ru/news/show/name/ ... dolya_8839

That's bad news btw. Theaters need all the help they can get right now.

-Vader