Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
‘Fast & Furious 9’ Release Pushed Back a Year Due to Coronavirus
Universal Studios, the company behind the “Fast & Furious” franchise, made the decision because of the impact that the fast-moving coronavirus is having on the global economy and the distribution landscape. Theaters remain closed in Italy, South Korea and China, where the virus has hit hardest. There’s also a mounting sense that some theaters will close in the U.S. as the outbreak continues to spread. “Fast 9” will now open globally in April 2021 and in the U.S. on April 2.

‘A Quiet Place 2’ Release Delayed Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
John Krasinski and Emily Blunt’s thriller “A Quiet Place Part II” has been delayed amid concerns around an escalating coronavirus pandemic.

The film, which is released by Paramount Pictures, was slated to roll out internationally on March 18, with a U.K. debut scheduled for March 19 and a North American release set for March 20.

Paramount has not set a new release date for the film yet.
If Tenet does end up getting delayed, do you guys think it's more likely to be pushed to the fall or will we have to wait until next summer like with Fast 9?

'Mulan' Release Pushed Back Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Disney is pushing the release of its upcoming live action tentpole Mulan amid growing concerns around the coronavirus, the studio said Thursday. The movie was set to hit theaters in North America on March 27. Disney is looking into a new release date for all of the titles later this year.
New Mutants Release Date Delayed For Fourth Time Due To Coronavirus
New Mutants' theatrical release has been postponed, again, this time amid growing concern about coronavirus. Josh Boone's adaptation of the X-Men spin-off series has been delayed three previous times, but with Disney entirely in control of the property, it looked like the film was finally set to premiere on April 3, 2020. The director and cast had even started doing the rounds promoting the final cut of the film, with Boone recently brushing off all the reshoot rumors as greatly exaggerated.

New Mutants can't catch a break.

marshallmurphy wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 5:46 pm
If Tenet does end up getting delayed, do you guys think it's more likely to be pushed to the fall or will we have to wait until next summer like with Fast 9?
I can't really see it being held in the can for a year to be released in summer 2021. My guess is it would get the same treatment that the James Bond movie got and be released in the fall.

HorrorBiz wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 12:28 am
marshallmurphy wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 5:46 pm
I can't really see it being held in the can for a year to be released in summer 2021. My guess is it would get the same treatment that the James Bond movie got and be released in the fall.
I think Bond 25 was postponed because it's not good.

CaviezelReese wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 1:11 am
Are you joking? If not then I wouldn’t be so sure about that because Cary Fukanaga is a great director and storyteller (he was part of the writing team for NTTD too) so he may surprise us. I mean, his work on true detective season 1 as director was amazing.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 1:38 am
CaviezelReese wrote:
Are you joking? If not then I wouldn’t be so sure about that because Cary Fukanaga is a great director and storyteller (he was part of the writing team for NTTD too) so he may surprise us. I mean, his work on true detective season 1 as director was amazing.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... niel-Craig

CaviezelReese wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 3:17 am
CaviezelReese wrote:
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... niel-Craig
Mmmm I can’t really trust that. Like the article says, I take it with a grain of salt. Anyone can say something like that because they might not think these movies would be delayed so much just for the corona virus. F9 was delayed until 2021. We’ll see how the end result is when the movie comes out.

CaviezelReese wrote:
Wasn't he always late to set because he was playing video games?

speedy117 wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 11:28 am

Wasn't he always late to set because he was playing video games?
That’s the rumor apparently. Fukanaga later responded on his Instagram to the rumor by saying that he wouldn’t waste anybody’s time at work. So... who should I trust? I don’t know. I just care about his previous work with other films.

IMAX Melbourne (as part of Museums Victoria) has just announced they are closed indefinitely, due to COVID-19. I don't think Nolan would appreciate his film being released in non-IMAX theatres. Tenet is going to be delayed.