Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:34 am
blackColumn wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 4:27 am
Autopsy? okay.

So let's discuss top ten reasons why this happened (or hasn't happened yet)

I will begin this

1. Film was released in theatres amid global pandemic.

(2. to 10. to be added by other members)
2. When customers asked "Can I see Tenant?" They went and got the dweller that lives in the theater's projection room closet instead of giving them a movie ticket to see Tenet.
3. they didn't flip the E

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 6:04 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:34 am
blackColumn wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 4:27 am
Autopsy? okay.

So let's discuss top ten reasons why this happened (or hasn't happened yet)

I will begin this

1. Film was released in theatres amid global pandemic.

(2. to 10. to be added by other members)
2. When customers asked "Can I see Tenant?" They went and got the dweller that lives in the theater's projection room closet instead of giving them a movie ticket to see Tenet.
3. they didn't flip the E
4. no 10 minute love making scene between JDW and RP. I mean like ???? Nolan you had those two, atleast do something with them! just because the movie feels empty doesn't mean your leads also have to

...if he had gone full "blue is the warmest color" and pulled out an explicit 10 minute sex scene with JDW and Rob out of his arse, i think we all would be calling MASTERPIECE and it would have single handedly saved cinemas wordwide, gotten a 100% score in RT and ended the pandemic instantly, but you had to fuckin ruin it, didnt you Chris ?
to semi quote James May "its back to black and white neo noir indy films for you"

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:45 pm
...if he had gone full "blue is the warmest color" and pulled out an explicit 10 minute sex scene with JDW and Rob out of his arse, i think we all would be calling MASTERPIECE and it would have single handedly saved cinemas worldwide, gotten a 100% score in RT and ended the pandemic instantly, but you had to fuckin ruin it, didn't you Chris ?
to semi quote James May "its back to black and white neo noir indie films for you"
:lol: THAT was hilarious rofl

Nicolaslabra wrote:
...if he had gone full "blue is the warmest color" and pulled out an explicit 10 minute sex scene with JDW and Rob out of his arse, i think we all would be calling MASTERPIECE and it would have single handedly saved cinemas wordwide, gotten a 100% score in RT and ended the pandemic instantly, but you had to fuckin ruin it, didnt you Chris ?
to semi quote James May "its back to black and white neo noir indy films for you"
lmao :lol:

On a side note, we can predict that the VOD will release in NOV. Which means Tenet's theater run will probably have Oct and bit of Nov to itself. I'm guessing that the film will probably make another +50m WW, bringing the total to +300m WW.

If that Trolls movie made $150m, I think its safe to assume that maybe Tenet will make a digital run of about $25-50m (not a family film, some people have seen it in theaters, world of mouth is mediocre, some will wait for physical release).

I think it will have a final gross of about $400m by the time its theater run is over (which will probably be in Nov-Dec after Bond and WW.

Not bad too be honest, WB will just have to take a small L and move on. Of course, they should definitely reconsider a re-release at a later date, could probably make another $50m when everything is back to normal.

I wonder if it wouldn't have been better with a R rating. I have no problem with Dunkirk being PG because I think it's a great movie to show to kids. I remember loving war movies when I was very young (Great Escape, Longest Day, Is Paris burning?...).
But of all his PG movies, Tenet is with TDK the one I would least show to kids. Maybe they should have more embraced the overall darkness and made a bloodier final battle.

Demoph wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:57 am
I wonder if it wouldn't have been better with a R rating. I have no problem with Dunkirk being PG because I think it's a great movie to show to kids. I remember loving war movies when I was very young (Great Escape, Longest Day, Is Paris burning?...).
But of all his PG movies, Tenet is with TDK the one I would least show to kids. Maybe they should have more embraced the overall darkness and made a bloodier final battle.
Yeah, not at all. How would a bloodier film made this better? Barf, I fucking hate "dumb" people thinking R-rated = more adult. This is the most unintellectual approach to analyze films ever.

Sorry for being mean here, but this shit has to stop.

brickarts295 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:29 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
lmao :lol:

On a side note, we can predict that the VOD will release in NOV. Which means Tenet's theater run will probably have Oct and bit of Nov to itself. I'm guessing that the film will probably make another +50m WW, bringing the total to +300m WW.

If that Trolls movie made $150m, I think its safe to assume that maybe Tenet will make a digital run of about $25-50m (not a family film, some people have seen it in theaters, world of mouth is mediocre, some will wait for physical release).

I think it will have a final gross of about $400m by the time its theater run is over (which will probably be in Nov-Dec after Bond and WW.

Not bad too be honest, WB will just have to take a small L and move on. Of course, they should definitely reconsider a re-release at a later date, could probably make another $50m when everything is back to normal.
It's a shame Tenet won't release this year in many countries.

You lot really think WW and James Bond will release this year?