Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
WB should probably wait at least a month before deciding on a possible release date delay. Assuming they have to push it back, the only date I can realistically see it taking is December 2020, with WB pushing Dune to 2021 and having Tenet take it's December slot. They can't really push it to July 2021, because WB already has Batman, Space Jam 2, and The Suicide Squad that Summer, not to mention Spider-Man 3 and Mission: Impossible 7 being slated for that July. Regardless, I'm still really really hoping that Tenet can still come out this July, but I know that's looking less and less likely by the day. :( Guess we'll see what happens in the next few weeks though.

LelekPL wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 2:17 pm
Robin wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 7:52 pm
Sharkboy wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 7:34 pm
Not being cold at all, rather more childish. Movies aren’t as important as people, it’s our duty as a human race to wait this out as long as possible so we all come out of this as best as possible, if a few movies (yes including this one) need to be heavily delayed or cancelled then so be it.

Grow up
Jesus, am I writing that movies* are more important than people? Of course not. I'm writing about the global economic consequences vs the human aspect. We're also discussing whether or not Tenet will move, so there is some contextualizing missing on your part here.

Try again.

(But it is a heartless take, I'll give you that)
People's lives are also more important than the "economy", it's literally the most important thing we need to protect.
Really? How about the blue whales population vs humans population?

The US is now the epicentre of the pandemic. Even if the shutdown comes to an end in may/june, the movie theaters will open way later. Because it‘s not that necessary for daily life. China still holds the movie theaters closed.

July 2020 release date is a case of wonder now. And lets just say ok the pandemic is over. We can release in july. I bet many people are still afraid and avoid crowds. Tenet would totally bomb at the box office.

I would prefer this solution:
Tenet - Christmas 20
Dune gets delayed to Summer 21 or Christmas 21

Ace
Sony moves two July releases (Ghostbusters:Afterlife, Morbius) to 2021.

It's over, let's just hope Tenet doesn't get pushed to 2021. I've been saying that December in Dune's slot would make the most sense.

This will be dumped in February 2021.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 9:42 pm
It's over, let's just hope Tenet doesn't get pushed to 2021. I've been saying that December in Dune's slot would make the most sense.
Ww84 should be their top priority that won’t make August, so that will take the December spot not Tenet.

June 2021 definitely

Sharkboy wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 3:57 am
Ww84 should be their top priority that won’t make August, so that will take the December spot not Tenet.

June 2021 definitely
The UEFA Euro 2020 (European Football Championship) will be held in June 2021. Several european countrys including major markets like UK, Germany, France or Italy are in total football fever. During a big football tournament the box office is very low. Usually tentpole films like Tenet avoid this kind of competition. So I think a June release is not that realistic. Unless the release would be only in North-America.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 8:14 am
Sharkboy wrote:

June 2021 definitely
The UEFA Euro 2020 (European Football Championship) will be held in June 2021. Several european countrys including major markets like UK, Germany, France or Italy are in total football fever. During a big football tournament the box office is very low. Usually tentpole films like Tenet avoid this kind of competition. So I think a June release is not that realistic. Unless the release would be only in North-America.
this is something new for me haha

Sharkboy wrote:

June 2021 definitely
Put WW84 in early November and push Godzilla vs Kong to 2021.