Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
radewart wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 6:30 pm
Who is that guy though? Never seen him pop up before in reading stuff on film twitter. And we don't or haven't any other media organization confirmed the email yet?
I think you're barking up the wrong tree here - why would anyone invent an email such as this? I believe its authencity, but that is not my 'problem' here.

This might be a weird take on this, but my main problem is that I even have to consider this a problem... I totally get why this supposed letter comes off as controversial, but I just hate the fact that this is a matter I, an average film enthusiast, have to even be aware of and am invited to judge it. Because as soon as it is put on twitter, the person sharing it is kind of presenting it to the widest audience possible, on the most generic platform possible. This isn't a film magazine, or a business insider newspaper, this is just... twitter, and I'm not sure if it's fair to just put it out. Because I don't feel I have the proper overview to judge it fairly - and I don't even think I, a moviegoer, have to judge it. But a lot of times these days, especially on twitter, I am faced with certain issues that I am encouraged to judge even if it doesn't concern me that much.

I totally understand why this is problematic for journalists and for the studio exec who wrote this, but how is this not a totally confident insider issue? Alright, the whole thing concerns journalist who will report on the film for the general audiences (such as myself), but... and I might have to re-read the whole thing, but wasn't this whole letter a mere "lecture"? That is the harshest thing I can say about it, because I don't see any sort of threat made against these journalists. But please point it out if I missed anything. So this is an off-the record letter from a business (studio) to those working as part of the business (film journalists) and now I feel I have to have an opinion on this for some reason...

I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but I just wanted to try to express my thoughts on this.

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 6:43 pm
radewart wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 6:30 pm
Who is that guy though? Never seen him pop up before in reading stuff on film twitter. And we don't or haven't any other media organization confirmed the email yet?
I think you're barking up the wrong tree here - why would anyone invent an email such as this? I believe its authencity, but that is not my 'problem' here.

This might be a weird take on this, but my main problem is that I even have to consider this a problem... I totally get why this supposed letter comes off as controversial, but I just hate the fact that this is a matter I, an average film enthusiast, have to even be aware of and am invited to judge it. Because as soon as it is put on twitter, the person sharing it is kind of presenting it to the widest audience possible, on the most generic platform possible. This isn't a film magazine, or a business insider newspaper, this is just... twitter, and I'm not sure if it's fair to just put it out. Because I don't feel I have the proper overview to judge it fairly - and I don't even think I, a moviegoer, have to judge it. But a lot of times these days, especially on twitter, I am faced with certain issues that I am encouraged to judge even if it doesn't concern me that much.

I totally understand why this is problematic for journalists and for the studio exec who wrote this, but how is this not a totally confident insider issue? Alright, the whole thing concerns journalist who will report on the film for the general audiences (such as myself), but... and I might have to re-read the whole thing, but wasn't this whole letter a mere "lecture"? That is the harshest thing I can say about it, because I don't see any sort of threat made against these journalists. But please point it out if I missed anything. So this is an off-the record letter from a business (studio) to those working as part of the business (film journalists) and now I feel I have to have an opinion on this for some reason...

I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but I just wanted to try to express my thoughts on this.
Even if it's real, which I question, since no one else has confirmed it yet and the guy's twitter feed is a little weird, it doesn't really say anything controversial. It's the whole Nolan "chair" thing again for everyone on twitter to get all worked up about and post click-baity things about how awful Nolan/WB is....It just kinda confirms what the email says about some reporters, pundits, bloggers, or whatever seem to gleefully go out of their way to attack the theater industry.

Posted that tweet in wrong thread by accident, sorry.

El Especial wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 6:33 pm
Americans May Be the Last to See ‘Tenet’ as Studios Can’t Delay Global Releases
Meanwhile, the U.S. remains the wrong kind of pandemic leader, with a growing number of COVID-19 cases as most of the world continues to flatten the curve. This weekend, Yeon sang-ho’s “Train to Busan” sequel, “Peninsula,” grossed $20 million in its first five days. Two-thirds of that gross came from South Korea, which has seen particular success in containing the virus. The success of Yeon’s film, which was also a selection of the canceled 2020 Cannes Film Festival, is a strong indication of public interest in returning to theaters where possible. Right now, that doesn’t include most of America — but that doesn’t mean the rest of the world has to wait for us.
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/ameri ... 234575093/
I hope they don't wait. Let's get the show on the road, those who were responsible should be rewarded with the movie.

Allstar wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 6:19 pm
Hand it to the drama-queens of the internet to have a meltdown over a totally neutral and professional statement with some truth in it. Nobody is impressed with your misplaced sense of self-righteousness.

They should have acknowledged public health thou. Like we will be working with local health officials to determine when it is safe to release the film so that the public can feel safe. If a region is not consider safe then Tenet won’t be released in those markets.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 7:43 pm
They should have acknowledged public health thou. Like we will be working with local health officials to determine when it is safe to release the film so that the public can feel safe. If a region is not consider safe then Tenet won’t be released in those markets.
read the full statement posted by antovolk. That's exactly what they said (3rd paragraph). There's literally no reason for outrage over this.