Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
look i get that this place is dead but i’d still advice and kindly ask people to keep all discussions civil, and refrain from unnecessary trolling and/or fanning the flames of whatever conflict we’re in the middle of

Ruth wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 12:26 pm
look i get that this place is dead but i’d still advice and kindly ask people to keep all discussions civil, and refrain from unnecessary trolling and/or fanning the flames of whatever conflict we’re in the middle of
I dunno, Ruth... my gut is telling me to trust Michael Caine on this one.

I keed, I keed.

Anyone know when weekend box office projections come out? They should be today, right? I'm interested to see things in general regarding Tenet, New York, and AMC.

LeoCobb wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 10:04 pm
So...

‘Tenet’: Its Disappointing $364M Gross Is Now An Aspirational Box Office Benchmark

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 72c7b04f8a

8-)
It would've done so much better in China without COVID lol. There were so many restrictions at the time. I was in S. Korea at the time. I would've watched it twice if not for COVID.

Forum Pro
Looking at the success of Oppenheimer, Tenet easily clears 800M if it came out in a pandemic free world.

No way. Tenet wasn't even close to being as well received as Oppenheimer. It had a B Cinemascore while Oppenheimer got an A. People liked Oppenheimer much more plus it really got a big boost from the Barbenheimer phenomenon.

Would Tenet have received better reviews if not put out during the pandemic immediately making it more controversial to the public? Probably. WOuld it make more money? Most definitely. But definitely not over 800 million.

500-600 range would have been possible in normal circumstances.