Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Can we remove Autopsy from thread title now lmao? I think the movie did okay collections wise considering the pandemic. Calling it an autopsy is a gross exaggeration.

$334 million given the circumstances so far is pretty amazing. They’re 100% gonna re-release this again sometime next year in limited runs where they can, particularly NYC. Still haven’t seen it but read a copy of the script.

During a press conference on Saturday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced movie theaters outside of New York City can reopen at 25% capacity, or up to 50 people per screen on October 23rd. We also hear they can sell concessions. This is in effect for all counties with infection rates that are below 2% on a 14-day average.
https://deadline.com/2020/10/new-york-m ... 234599197/

Well after all :thumbup: Maybe this can push the domestic gross to 60-70 million. I hope NY City citizens will leave their city for Tenet (or other movies). Now it's the turn for LA. 400 million total worldwide gross is still possible.

Any koreans here? I wonder why Tenet failed there so much. In other major asian markets Tenet was a decent success. Especially in Japan (21 million! For comparison, Interstellar grossed 10 million).

Should’ve included that they did not regret the decision of releasing it so...

Hoping for extra strong Home Media sales.

I'm happy Tenet was released in summer. As of now, no release date is safe till summer next year. I couldn't handle this waiting torture. And VOD is never an option.

I wonder if Tenet gets a few more academy nominations than it usually would. Just because of the lack of competition :think:

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 11:51 am
I'm happy Tenet was released in summer. As of now, no release date is safe till summer next year. I couldn't handle this waiting torture. And VOD is never an option.

I wonder if Tenet gets a few more academy nominations than it usually would. Just because of the lack of competition :think:
I still think it will end up getting the usual nominations, maybe even less wins than interstellar, its just not academy material is it?