Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
User avatar
Posts: 209
Joined: June 2018
Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:45 pm
...if he had gone full "blue is the warmest color" and pulled out an explicit 10 minute sex scene with JDW and Rob out of his arse, i think we all would be calling MASTERPIECE and it would have single handedly saved cinemas wordwide, gotten a 100% score in RT and ended the pandemic instantly, but you had to fuckin ruin it, didnt you Chris ?
to semi quote James May "its back to black and white neo noir indy films for you"
When you consider that popular theory that
Neil is in fact Kat's kid
that's a no for me, man, even if it would be funny to watch pro-liberal "critics" like MovieBob and his peers praise the film solely on that basis and saying shit like "finally, Christopher Nolan understands what being a real human being is".
Last edited by Batman's Batman on September 26th, 2020, 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Posts: 506
Joined: September 2019
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:45 pm
...if he had gone full "blue is the warmest color" and pulled out an explicit 10 minute sex scene with JDW and Rob out of his arse, i think we all would be calling MASTERPIECE and it would have single handedly saved cinemas wordwide, gotten a 100% score in RT and ended the pandemic instantly, but you had to fuckin ruin it, didnt you Chris ?
to semi quote James May "its back to black and white neo noir indy films for you"
When you consider that popular theory that Neil is in fact Kat's kid, that's a no for me, man, even if it would be funny to watch pro-liberal "critics" like MovieBob and his peers praise the film solely on that basis and saying shit like "finally, Christopher Nolan understands what being a real human being is".
Image

User avatar
Posts: 209
Joined: June 2018
speedy117 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:45 pm
...if he had gone full "blue is the warmest color" and pulled out an explicit 10 minute sex scene with JDW and Rob out of his arse, i think we all would be calling MASTERPIECE and it would have single handedly saved cinemas wordwide, gotten a 100% score in RT and ended the pandemic instantly, but you had to fuckin ruin it, didnt you Chris ?
to semi quote James May "its back to black and white neo noir indy films for you"
When you consider that popular theory that Neil is in fact Kat's kid, that's a no for me, man, even if it would be funny to watch pro-liberal "critics" like MovieBob and his peers praise the film solely on that basis and saying shit like "finally, Christopher Nolan understands what being a real human being is".
Image
It's a fan theory. It can't be a spoiler. It's irrelevant to the viewer when watching the movie, as it neither confirms or denies anything.

User avatar
Posts: 506
Joined: September 2019
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:56 pm
speedy117 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

When you consider that popular theory that Neil is in fact Kat's kid, that's a no for me, man, even if it would be funny to watch pro-liberal "critics" like MovieBob and his peers praise the film solely on that basis and saying shit like "finally, Christopher Nolan understands what being a real human being is".
Image
It's a fan theory. It can't be a spoiler. It's irrelevant to the viewer when watching the movie, as it neither confirms or denies anything.
It's a fan theory you discuss AFTER YOU WATCH THE FILM...I don't see what the problem of putting a spoiler tag is

User avatar
Posts: 209
Joined: June 2018
speedy117 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 8:08 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:56 pm
speedy117 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Image
It's a fan theory. It can't be a spoiler. It's irrelevant to the viewer when watching the movie, as it neither confirms or denies anything.
It's a fan theory you discuss AFTER YOU WATCH THE FILM...I don't see what the problem of putting a spoiler tag is
Considering I didn't reveal any actual plot points from the movie and have only cited a description about a fan theory, I beg to differ. But, whatever.

User avatar
Posts: 1214
Joined: May 2017
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Aaaaand this is the reason you are on my ignore list after you spoiled a plot point from Avengers: Endgame unnecessarily in a Nolan movie thread. From the person quoting you, it seems you still haven't learned. This is a thread about box office numbers. Have a filter, man.

Don't bother responding to me either, because unless somebody quotes your post in response I won't ever be reading it.

User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: September 2014
I think it'll go down as a cult classic. A flawed but pretty cool film ala Blade Runner, Primer, Predators, etc.

User avatar
Posts: 1187
Joined: July 2011
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:56 pm
speedy117 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

When you consider that popular theory that Neil is in fact Kat's kid, that's a no for me, man, even if it would be funny to watch pro-liberal "critics" like MovieBob and his peers praise the film solely on that basis and saying shit like "finally, Christopher Nolan understands what being a real human being is".
Image
It's a fan theory. It can't be a spoiler. It's irrelevant to the viewer when watching the movie, as it neither confirms or denies anything.
That is a colossally stupid way of thinking. That would almost be like saying
"when you consider that theory of Cobb only wearing his wedding ring when he's in the real world..."
Yeah, it's a fan theory, but it also completely changes the way someone watches a movie because you've affected their expectations going into it. It doesn't have to be a firm plot point to have that effect. It's easy to say it's not a spoiler after YOU'VE seen it, it had no effect on YOUR viewing. Plus you're throwing that out in the box office discussioin FFS. Have some common courtesy.

Edit: Sorry that was harsh :shifty: :lol: . But spoilers suck

Posts: 429
Joined: November 2019
Mulholland-Jr wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:05 pm
I think it'll go down as a cult classic. A flawed but pretty cool film ala Blade Runner, Primer, Predators, etc.
Probably all films have flaws. Some people right now haven’t even understood it quite well, so they could be seeing more things as flaws that maybe aren’t. We'll see how it holds up in the future but either way, the film has gotten more positive reviews than not despite the other noticeable mixed reviews.

When you say predators you mean the one with Adrien Brody? If it is then I’m not sure it holds up when compared to those other movies.

User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: May 2017
Cinema halls to reopen in West Bengal from October 1

https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... a-6617247/
An Indian state gearing up for opening its theaters
Hopefully other states will follow suit
The film exhibitor bodies have been protesting against their extended closure since last month as all other institutions (including educational) have been allowed to function already

and as WBIndia had earlier confirmed, they will release TENET as soon as the theaters open. Now the question is if they will follow the staggered release strategy or wait for the theaters to open in the entire country

Post Reply