Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 4:00 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:38 am

Tenet is a lot more entertaining than Dunkirk for sure.
Not sure about that. It has more action but its much longer and if people arent invested, you know... At every Nolan opening weekend screening ive been to there has been clapping including the Inception rerelease, but not for Tenet :| It doesnt mean that much and I hope it does well tho
I wasn't invested for Dunkirk.

AMC Theatres To Have 70% Of Circuit Open For ‘Tenet’ This Weekend Including San Diego Market
This just in. AMC will have 70% of its circuit open this weekend, counting 420 locations. This includes San Diego, CA following the state Governor Newsom’s reopening provisions last Friday. In total, 140 additional AMC theaters will reopen this weekend.

AMC’s stock was up 3% during the trading day but on the reopening news it’s now up 13% in after-hours trading; its highest level since February.

Distribution sources tell me that San Francisco, CA will likely be back online the weekend following Labor Day for the big chains.
https://deadline.com/2020/09/amc-theatr ... 234568064/

More Good News For ‘Tenet’: Regal Cinemas Reopening In California, New Jersey & Maryland
EXCLUSIVE: The box office weekend projections for Warner Bros.’ Tenet just got higher. We can report that Regal Cinemas will have their cinemas reopened in time for this weekend’s release of the Christopher Nolan movie in New Jersey, Maryland and some cities in California.

As of tomorrow, Wednesday at 5PM, Regal will be reopening their theatres in San Diego along with two locations around El Dorado county and one in Sonora, CAa along with three in Anchorage, Alaska.

The Cineworld-owned chain will also open again in New Jersey as of Friday, and by 5PM on Friday, they’ll also be turning the lights back on in 11 locations in Maryland. The Oriole state recently announced the OK for movie theaters to reopen with a capacity limit at 50% , not to exceed 100 people per auditorium.
https://deadline.com/2020/09/regal-cine ... 234568249/

TENET postponed to 10/15 here in Brazil... :crazy: :roll:

ChristNolan wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 3:56 pm
If these numbers hold and the film has even the most modest of legs, this will be nothing short of remarkable.

Idk how Chris does it, the dude just puts asses in seats with every movie he makes. And yet not a single person I know irl knows who he is by name.
Right? Haha, this is exactly my experience.

Hustler wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 10:17 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 3:56 pm
If these numbers hold and the film has even the most modest of legs, this will be nothing short of remarkable.

Idk how Chris does it, the dude just puts asses in seats with every movie he makes. And yet not a single person I know irl knows who he is by name.
Right? Haha, this is exactly my experience.
Me: Do you know of Christopher Nolan?

Them: Who?

Me: Denis Villeneuve?

Them: Is that a rock band?

Me: ... Honey Boo Boo?

Them: OMG YUP!

Me: :roll: :facepalm:

Count Cinemark California, New Jersey, Arizona Reopenings & More In ‘Tenet’s Future
By this Friday, Cinemark will have their Napa and Redding locations open in California, two locations in Oregon — Medford and Springfield — and half a dozen in Arizona. The latter state gave the go-ahead for theaters to reopen last week. Operating for Tenet this weekend will be the Cinemark Mesa 16, Oro Valley, Sierra Vista 10, as well as three locations in Tucson — the El Con, Century Park Place and Century Tucson Marketplace. Cinemark counts overall 62 locations in California, 60 of which they’re waiting to reopen.
On Friday, Sept 11, Cinemark will reopen all four of its New Jersey sites — the Hazlet, Somerdale, Watchung and Wayne at the Willowbrook Mall — as well as its Anchorage Century 16. By that date, the Plano, TX-based chain will have 70% of its domestic circuit reopened. While AMC is reopening locations in San Diego this weekend, the circuit waiting on New Jersey and additional markets like San Francisco in California, the latter home to its mega AMC Metreon 16, one of the top-grossing cinemas in the nation.
https://deadline.com/2020/09/cinemark-t ... 234568462/

^ Haha now I'm wondering whether I should go to Reno tomorrow evening or not with California opening up a little more around me.

Since San Diego is opening on Friday, do they have a good IMAX venue? Also Arclight in La Jolla won't be opening

neb4ever wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Since San Diego is opening on Friday, do they have a good IMAX venue? Also Arclight in La Jolla won't be opening
I saw the TDK 2009 IMAX re-release at the Regal Edwards Cinema in Mira Mesa, and it was sadly a LieMAX theater. I'm sure they didn't reconstruct the entire place, so it's probably still that.

Having already owned the Blu-ray, it was the most underwhelming highly anticipated experience I ever had, since at the time I still hadn't seen a true 15/70mm IMAX film and wouldn't until TDKR in 2012.

EDIT: I just did a Google search and AMC Mission Valley is claiming they have IMAX, but I wouldn't trust that to be a true IMAX theater either given the limited space (it's a part of an outdoor mall and above a parking structure). Probably just LieMAX as well, but that's the first I've heard of anything IMAX there, so go figure.

Apparently there is an IMAX dome somewhere in SD as well, but it's a dome so fuck it.