Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I don't have a problem with Mulan's price, but isn't the whole experience of seeing a film in a cinema environment a "good enough" reason for paying more for it? So a lot of people are comparing the prices - you rent it for 30 bucks, but you would pay the same for seeing Tenet. But the latter is going to be seen in the cinemas, so... I'd say that the high price is more "legit".

But, once again, I have zero dogs in this fight.

Streaming is the future, deal with it.

Some people against streaming remind me of those who opposed the internet back then or music videos. :lol:

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 5:11 pm
I don't have the problem with Mulan's price, but isn't the whole experience of seeing a film in a cinema environment a "good enough" reason for paying more for it? So a lot of people are comparing the prices - you rent it for 30 bucks, but you would pay the same for seeing Tenet. But the latter is going to be seen in the cinemas, so... I'd say that the high price is more "legit".

As I said in this thread before, Disney+ would need an unprecedented insane turnout of people, like 15 million people, just to start making a profit. If the VOD price was $20, Disney would need 22.5 million people to start making a profit.

Piracy is rampant. And remember, this isn't a "rental," you are buying unlimited access to Mulan as long as you have Disney+.

$30 is cheap for a VOD release if you break down the numbers.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 5:19 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
I don't have the problem with Mulan's price, but isn't the whole experience of seeing a film in a cinema environment a "good enough" reason for paying more for it? So a lot of people are comparing the prices - you rent it for 30 bucks, but you would pay the same for seeing Tenet. But the latter is going to be seen in the cinemas, so... I'd say that the high price is more "legit".

As I said in this thread before, Disney+ would need an unprecedented insane turnout of people, like 15 million people, just to start making a profit. If the VOD price was $20, Disney would need 22.5 million people to start making a profit.

Piracy is rampant. And remember, this isn't a "rental," you are buying unlimited access to Mulan as long as you have Disney+.

-Vader
Yeah, don't know the price in the US, but here it's basically the price for a DVD in its first month.
Could they add some bonus in the package and maybe a version commented by actors/director?

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 10:36 am
it’s a f*ck you too to WB
‘Disney trolls WB’

Three years ago a man named Luc Besson attempted to go up against Nolan and refused to move his film from the same July 21st release date.
That did not end well for him.

El Especial wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 6:45 pm
intersteIIarx wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 10:36 am
it’s a f*ck you too to WB
‘Disney trolls WB’

Three years ago a man named Luc Besson attempted to go up against Nolan and refused to move his film from the same July 21st release date.
That did not end well for him.
I'm glad i'm not the only won who thinks back fondly at Besson's hubris...and laughs. What simpler times.

perhaps i need context from you guys, but how much are tickets worth in your countries ? $30 dollars is a completely ridiculous amount for me, i went to see dunkirk in a lieMAX (a pretty good 4k one) and it cost me $8, i should imagine without our friend corona the price would be perhaps just a bit higher, maybe $9, but $30 !??! i`d think they are taking the piss, thats what i spend on all my streaming services (psn, netflix, prime, f1tv and other stuff i cant remember right now).

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 6:58 pm
perhaps i need context from you guys, but how much are tickets worth in your countries ? $30 dollars is a completely ridiculous amount for me, i went to see dunkirk in a lieMAX (a pretty good 4k one) and it cost me $8, i should imagine without our friend corona the price would be perhaps just a bit higher, maybe $9, but $30 !??! i`d think they are taking the piss, thats what i spend on all my streaming services (psn, netflix, prime, f1tv and other stuff i cant remember right now).
Yes i agree. The average ticket price is $10 in the Us. If youre just talking about price to watch a new movie, Mulan is cheap if you have three or more people who will watch your D+ version. however people put value on the theatre exp which is why they pay normal ticket price to watch decade old films in driveins...thirty dollars for an access code to watch something on your tv isnt the same as thirty dollars to watch a movie at a thetare

I would gladly pay 40 for me and my So to watch Mulan at theatre but not 30 at home when we have Ntflx

So WB is still considering to release Tenet in about 3 weeks international? Or they will delay it again?

Vader182 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 5:19 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:

-Vader
So you are basically purchasing it as long as you have the subscription..that's news to me.