Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
blackColumn wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:32 am
Disney pricing Mulan a solid 30 dollars for rental is an actual bold move.
Bold I'm fine with, I thought you were gonna say nuts :gonf:

Theatres definitely think so too yikes

Accroding to some reliable sources:

MULAN will be released in China August 28th, TENET September 4th.

A little bummed that we won't able to see it in August but still, happy enough to see it in theatre within a month's time.

Official confirmation should be soon.

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 10:00 am
Theatres definitely think so too yikes

That's because, in some ways, it is an f*** you to the theatre industry... which is why I'm saying WB's decision to release Tenet sooner rather than later is a good move. It shows that they care enough about the industry to help them out; they will take a hit with potentially low B.O. numbers so that theatres can survive a little longer. Disney is essentially giving up any hope in the cinematic experience, they probably accepted that the industry is dead... not to mention they also have competing interests with their Disney+ streaming service. As selfish as their decision is, it's a smart one on their part. Especially now that they can use the pandemic as an excuse for back-stabbing exhibitors.

it’s a f*ck you too to WB
‘Disney trolls WB’

just when i thought i couldn't hate disney more

I feel like many people would not be willing to pay $30 to watch a movie on their television, but maybe I underestimate how much money people are willing to literally throw away.

Also, isn't it fairly easy to find movies online that are on streaming services, in excellent quality? I mean, I had no difficulty finding The Cloverfield Paradox online (in perfect quality) a few days after it premiered on Netflix. And some older people are perfectly capable of doing a simple Google search to watch something for free online. It really isn't difficult. Torrenting may be hard for them, but streaming is simple.

Anyway, I know I'd never pay $30 to watch a movie ONCE on my television. Does Disney+ release their movies on Blu-ray and DVD? Seems easier just to wait for that and let the kiddies watch Nickelodeon for the time being. School starts soon anyway.

I haven't been keeping up with it that much but it seems like lots of people on twitter are pissed that it's $30.

Flutterby wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 9:57 am
blackColumn wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:32 am
Disney pricing Mulan a solid 30 dollars for rental is an actual bold move.
Bold I'm fine with, I thought you were gonna say nuts :gonf:
Makes sense to me, personally. Also forces the more general release window farther away. Too bad for some of us that theatres themselves are not involved. But for Disney that means no distribution costs and they get full thirty dollars (I actually think thirty is a start).

Here is a nice overview of what has been happening that relates to this development,
: brief and in sufficient depth.

What Disney is doing is disgusting, honestly. But it is a business, a business I will no longer support. How dare they....helping kill theaters faster with a move like this. Why do it on the same exact day as Tenet's release? Why not a week before? Really a d**k move, unbelievably disgusting.