Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
hamid1993ss wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Pathe chain in Holland confirmed that Tenet will be 150 minutes with 27 August release date and not 26 August like WB had mentioned. What went wrong??
It's releasing in that week internationally, jesus.

hamid1993ss wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Pathe chain in Holland confirmed that Tenet will be 150 minutes with 27 August release date and not 26 August like WB had mentioned. What went wrong??
Similar in our country. They usually release new movies on Thursdays, so for Tenet its 27th, but they often do pre-premiere the day before, hence 26th for those theaters that will do that.

How do you guys think these international dates will hold? I mean, if there will be some changes in the US and they will have to move the dates do you think it might cause shifting of the international dates too?

I rescheduled my holidays so I will have at least two or three days to see Tenet, possibly taking a trip to see it in IMAX one of these days, but Im still a bit unsure if these dates will hold.

YAY :gonf:

I’m happy now

btw my bet on Chinese release date would be August 28.
Last edited by DUNKIRKIE on July 29th, 2020, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
Wow, I did not expect that, but thinking about it, it makes sense.

I imagine that Chinese film companies are just as worried as Hollywood studios are about prematurely releasing their big-budget movies and having them flop in this uncertain climate.

And here comes TENET, this $200 million dollar movie, eagerly volunteering to jump into the lava with with both feet and be the test-case guinea pig for them.

It's a win-win from China's POV: if TENET is a hit, then Chinese studios have cold, hard proof that cinema is back and they start releasing their pent-up blockbusters; if it's a flop, then no biggie, they just continue waiting and they haven't lost anything because TENET wasn't theirs.

No hope for LA?

Ok, so is this actually happening? Is this just another date they are putting out only to delay again, or are they really trying to release it this time?

speedy117 wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 2:46 pm
Ok, so is this actually happening? Is this just another date they are putting out only to delay again, or are they really trying to release it this time?
Full speed ahead