Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Europe and Asia numbers are low, they need to say that they only care about USA theaters, at least BE HONEST! . Otherwise, they would've released it in those territories already.
At this point, they would rather prefer that there is a second wave in Europe, Asia and thus have the perfect excuse for not releasing the movie first in those countries.

Nolan and his hypocritical savior cinema complex is making me dislike him.
And literal no one cares about you saving cinemas, mr Nolan... general public couldn't care less. Announce the movie for December, at the very minimum. Or next year. And stop with this bullshit.

The situation in USA won't improve for August, September or October. So the movie is not going to be released internationally if you are only depending on the US
Last edited by Lincoln on July 23rd, 2020, 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rotas wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 5:35 pm
Just wanna put a little sense of reality into this situation. As far as most US theaters (including CA and NY) reopening plans go, everything is going to keep getting pushed back. I'm honestly not betting on September or October either. Time flies and nothing ever changes. With that being said, my prediction is no vaccine, no movie in theaters. Who even knows when the vaccine will be introduced. If we're lucky, we'll get to see Tenet in theaters towards the end of Q2 of 2021 (i.e. a year from now).

So in my opinion, WB needs to hold off all digital marketing for the movie until they actually have a release date solidified, or own up to reality and give us a VOD, which obviously is highly unlikely to happen.

See y'all in a year at the very least...lmao
Debbie Downer

That was my fear that 4th delay is incomimg. AT&T wants release it when the biggies are open but the biggies will be not open soon so they will delay it again and again in US as well in international markets. Well WB makes themselfs realy realy wors and anoying. If they want to help movie theaters just release the movie where it is safe and where theaters are open. Dont be some dickhead and look for alternative options.

‘Mulan’ Off The Calendar; Disney Also Delays ‘Avatar’ & ‘Star Wars’ Movies By One Year As Studio Adjusts To Pandemic
Disney is no longer releasing Mulan on Aug. 21 and is unsetting the movie for the time being. Oy, just when AMC was looking to turn the lights back on with a big movie in pockets of the country.

I understand that the No. 1 industry leader at the global box office isn’t waiting to see where Warner Bros. places Tenet next; they just don’t want to have to keep rescheduling movies until it’s certain we’re up and running again. Disney is also not revealing its playbook, i.e. whether Mulan will debut abroad first before domestic, even though logic would dictate that.

Earlier this week, exhibitors and distributors were betting Mulan would stay put; the notion being that the Niki Caro-directed feature adaptation of the 1998 toon would be on Disney+ by at least Christmas.
https://deadline.com/2020/07/mulan-avat ... 202993719/

Lincoln wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 6:04 pm
Europe and Asia numbers are low, they need to say that they only care about USA

And literal no one cares about you saving cinemas, mr Nolan...
I do.

Lincoln wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 6:04 pm
Europe and Asia numbers are low, they need to say that they only care about USA

And literal no one cares about you saving cinemas, mr Nolan...
Speak for yourself.

El Especial wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm
rotas wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 5:35 pm
Just wanna put a little sense of reality into this situation. As far as most US theaters (including CA and NY) reopening plans go, everything is going to keep getting pushed back. I'm honestly not betting on September or October either. Time flies and nothing ever changes. With that being said, my prediction is no vaccine, no movie in theaters. Who even knows when the vaccine will be introduced. If we're lucky, we'll get to see Tenet in theaters towards the end of Q2 of 2021 (i.e. a year from now).

So in my opinion, WB needs to hold off all digital marketing for the movie until they actually have a release date solidified, or own up to reality and give us a VOD, which obviously is highly unlikely to happen.

See y'all in a year at the very least...lmao
Debbie Downer
Realistic Rick.

I don't think we're going back to the movies this year at all. Disney has delayed almost everything, it isn't looking good. Come fall/winter time when people get sick from the flu, people will start to panic again and there will be more closures. People won't know if they have Covid or the regular flu. We need to just accept it....this truly is the worst year.

geozou1 wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 7:28 pm
I don't think we're going back to the movies this year at all. Disney has delayed almost everything, it isn't looking good. Come fall/winter time when people get sick from the flu, people will start to panic again and there will be more closures. People won't know if they have Covid or the regular flu. We need to just accept it....this truly is the worst year.
Imagine if the year was 1993 and we barely had any form of Internet as well. [/shudders]

geozou1 wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 7:28 pm
As an Australian in the thick of a 2nd wave worse than the initial wave, I can say being in winter and in flu season infinitely exacerbates COVID. Firstly, people don’t get tested because they think they’ve just got a normal cold or flu and secondly people are just so tired of restrictions and lockdowns they become complacent. 90% of people who eventually got tested still went shopping and to work as if they didn’t have symptoms. And 50% of people who got tested and were supposed to self-isolate at home while they wait for their result, were still outside the house doing normal activities.