Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 11:40 am
How lucrative do we think Nolan clickbait is at this point? It amazes me that Mendelson got paid to write that.

One thing Scott does not write is clickbait. Solid piece.

-Vader

Ruth wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 5:23 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 5:00 am
This is a few days old, but I didn't see it posted here:
this is what absolutely should happen imo. there are enough countries open or loosening things up for tenet to open today, let alone august 12th. if the entire world is forced to wait for america, then you’re not really saving the cinemas.

as for spoilers... we need to get over this shit. yes spoilers can ruin the fun, but are they so important we’d prioritize them over the survival of movie theaters? we’d really let spoiler culture kill off an industry?

i know people here act like embarrassments once marvel is mentioned, but nobody thought endgame sucked because there were spoilers everywhere. it didn’t ruin the spectacle. the last of us part 2 leaks got a key moment spoiled for a lot of people, yet that didn’t impact the experience people got out of playing it (ignoring trolls and garbage people). if you watch movies for twists and not the journey, i’m kinda worried you’re watching them in a wrong way
I fully agree with this, it just needs to be released already so that cinemas can survive for at least a little longer. Indefinitely delaying it, or bumping it to next year just seals the fate of the theatre industry. Releasing it ASAP at least gives them a fighting chance/ buys them time.

One film can’t save theater industry.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 2:41 pm
True.

It can encourage other studios to follow Tenet’s footsteps though.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
who ever said that it would? I see this statement all the time and it's arguing against something nobody actually believes. The late summer / fall winter slate is packed. Mid to high budget studio programmers are out every 1-2 weeks from August to December.

To a fault, Nolan wants to lead by example with Tenet. But nobody from Nolan, WB or theaters owners believe one or two movies will rescue them indefinitely.

-Vader

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
This analogy might be a little dark, but that's like saying
one person can't save one hundred from two terrorists with guns. Sure thats kinda true, but someone has to take the sacrifice to inspire all others to act otherwise no one will ever get anything done and all will wait for a miracle that may never come
Its like the bystander effect almost, or some sort of mob mentality

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 2:55 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
This analogy might be a little dark, but that's like saying
one person can't save one hundred from two terrorists with guns. Sure thats kinda true, but someone has to take the sacrifice to inspire all others to act otherwise no one will ever get anything done and all will wait for a miracle that may never come
Its like the bystander effect almost, or some sort of mob mentality

Whatever WB decides they have to announce by like Wednesday, because if they are keeping that August 12th date, then theaters that are currently closed need time to remodel with plexiglass and other safety issues, and also start gathering whatever staff they can back and retrain them for proper procedures.