Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I think Crispin and Phill are making very good points regards releasing movies in worlds open cinemas. If WB are waiting for US to be open, it will take very very long time. And when we get there most cinemas will not survive. US situation is in circle. Cases are down, everthing is reopen, cases will rise again and they will close everthing down again and so on. So WB make the right decision and do the right thing!! US will be the same for 1 year at least.

Absolutely. They need to forget the idea of opening same day round the globe or we'll be waiting 2-3 years for anything to release and cinemas can't survive that, our governments don't care enough about the arts to give proper financial support to remain closed the whole time. Release first in the countries that are safe to show it, let others follow whenever they're ready. I'm in the UK, if that means I don't get to see it until next year then so be it, I'm not being selfish; it's unfair to the people in other places that have their **** together like Japan and NZ to wait for USA, UK, Brazil and our maniac politicians to miraculously change for the better. There's still no vaccine (effective/safe or otherwise) on the horizon and pushing everything until then might as well mean "never" for all we know.

Abdulnistan wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 6:11 am
So how about attending mass protest or join the parade on street huh??? I dont see the "SCALE" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stop with your right-wing bull.

Abdulnistan wrote:
So how about attending mass protest or join the parade on street huh??? I dont see the "SCALE" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stop it with your right-wing bull.

We'll definitely hear on Monday or Tuesday that it's pushed again to late August/early September.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 12:33 pm
We'll definitely hear on Monday or Tuesday that it's pushed again to late August/early September.
I'm pretty confident with August 12. We have heard that the movie will play in theaters much longer than average (which hints towards keeping Aug. 12, does it not?). There are enough theaters open right now for them to start making a profit, and as other theaters reopen when the time is right, they will be screening tenet.

raimibonn wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 8:50 am
Abdulnistan wrote:
Stop with your right-wing bull.
Standing together in huge crowds goes against everything the CDC advises, masks or no. Masks are not a substitute for special distancing. It doesn’t matter if it’s a good cause (which it still is) it doesn’t make you magically immune.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 4:51 am
This was inevitable, question is, what date will it move back to?

rotas wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 2:16 pm
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 12:33 pm
I'm pretty confident with August 12. We have heard that the movie will play in theaters much longer than average (which hints towards keeping Aug. 12, does it not?). There are enough theaters open right now for them to start making a profit, and as other theaters reopen when the time is right, they will be screening tenet.
You are delusional

The Special One wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 5:48 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 4:51 am
This was inevitable, question is, what date will it move back to?
I bet they'll try for the Wednesday before Labor Day weekend. But my personal guess, and what I think is best for everyone, is this all ends up actually happening with the early October slot, which was mentioned plenty of times here as a strong possibility.