Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 10:52 am

In early June, executives at Warner Bros. convened a video meeting with their top filmmaker, Christopher Nolan, and his producer and wife, Emma Thomas, to strategize about the release of his $200 million espionage movie, Tenet, which at the time was due to open July 17. The studio laid out several theoretical scenarios for Nolan, listing likely profits and losses with his movie being released on different dates, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the call. Presented with an economic case for moving Tenet months into the future, when presumably the novel coronavirus would be a more contained threat and box office grosses more reliable, Nolan pushed back. It wasn't about money, he said, expressing instead the desire to be the first big studio film back in theaters, to show faith in the form and solidarity with exhibitors, when they're allowed to open and say they're ready.
In Nolan I trust

Nolan is just a man. I trust the man when it comes to making movies.
But the pandemic is far more complex and isn't going anywhere any time soon.

m4st4 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 2:32 pm
I have full confidence in Chris Nolan, I trust him with my life and my death.

El Especial wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 2:46 pm
Christopher Nolan’s ‘Tenet’ Crusade: Why Is Hollywood Trying to Kill Us?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/badge-the ... ref=scroll
Article would be better without bullshit like this in it:
Let us never forget the endless news cycle about why everybody ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to see Dunkirk in 70mm. If you didn’t see his movie properly, then you shouldn’t see it at all! Just film bros and Nolan in a year-long circle jerk about camera resolution.

El Especial wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 2:45 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 2:32 pm
I have full confidence in Chris Nolan, I trust him with my life and my death.
How is your post related to my post?

Thanks for reminding me not to visit here too often. 🤪

Expect other films including TENET to announce another move-back sometime this week.
Universal announced on Wednesday it was moving the Candyman release date from September 25 to October 16, 2020. No official reason was given by the studio. However, it feels fairly safe to assume Candyman‘s new release date is the result of ongoing concerns across the film industry on when it will be safe to open movie theaters and resume filming as the world deals with the COVID-19 pandemic.
https://collider.com/candyman-2020-release-date-delay/
Universal Pictures has announced new releases dates for their upcoming horror headliners, including the much-hyped sequels to 2018’s Halloween revival. Halloween Kills moves from October 16, 2020 to October 15, 2021 with the followup Halloween Ends shifting from October 15, 2021 to October 14, 2022.
Last edited by El Especial on July 8th, 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cases beginning to increase exponentially however number of deaths per day is actually going down.

You don't die from Coronavirus immediately after getting infected :P Death might be going down in the US because before the uptick in cases, US was trending down and the deaths are occuring from those people, not from the recent growth.

So... September?