Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 3:34 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 3:19 am
enfitt wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 3:09 am

Here see it for yourself...

This is how IMAX footage size looks like:
https://ibb.co/XsYp4Bg

And this is how normal 2,39:1 looks like:
https://ibb.co/RbC4kQR

These are screenshots taken from my IMAX Bluray
The digital releases have all been a constant AR (which I prefer for home viewing IMO, though not with the quality). Ripping the Blu-ray to PC is not equivalent to the "digital version" they are talking about when purchasing it on iTunes.

And the TDK Blu-ray is absolute trash. Edge-enhancement, DNR, wrong color timing, overcontrasted... awful, awful, awful. The UHD release was a lot better, though they lifted the blacks in the IMAX shots. The TDKR UHD is the best of all TDK Trilogy disc releases.
Are those available digitally (and Inception)?
There are digital copies that you can download, yes. I get copy codes from the discs that I purchase, for example. I'm sure you can buy them in the iTunes store as well.

The 4K digital copies are actually pretty legit, but still incredibly compressed. I can't get 23.976 FPS playback motion so for me it's all for naught. Just remember they have a constant AR.

The past few pages have nothing to do with Tenet box office discussion :judge:

blackColumn wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 4:58 am
Honestly, I thought I was in the IMAX thread.

I'll see myself out.

blackColumn wrote:
That was better content than like the last ten pages honestly.

KEM
blackColumn wrote:
Welcome to the world of online forums, if a thread doesn’t get derailed, is it even a good thread...?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
enfitt wrote:
DylanHoang wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 6:05 pm

which platform did you acquire yours from? This is the first time I've heard of his movies including the IMAX aspect ratio on digital releases

The digital releases have all been a constant AR (which I prefer for home viewing IMO, though not with the quality). Ripping the Blu-ray to PC is not equivalent to the "digital version" they are talking about when purchasing it on iTunes.

And the TDK Blu-ray is absolute trash. Edge-enhancement, DNR, wrong color timing, overcontrasted... awful, awful, awful. The UHD release was a lot better, though they lifted the blacks in the IMAX shots. The TDKR UHD is the best of all TDK Trilogy disc releases.
Purchasing It on iTunes??? :thumbdown:

KEM
enfitt wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 6:58 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
enfitt wrote:

I didn’t see any other option haha, I can only watch movies on my computer or my phone, so iTunes is my only choice as far as I’m aware, unless there are 4k digital versions out there that are easy to get

KEM wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 7:03 am
enfitt wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 6:58 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

I didn’t see any other option haha, I can only watch movies on my computer or my phone, so iTunes is my only choice as far as I’m aware, unless there are 4k digital versions out there that are easy to get
[removed link]
Last edited by Ruth on June 28th, 2020, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don’t share links to illegally download films

If Tenet doesn't come out this year, what do you guys think will happen to theaters? I know there are other movies out this year but theaters may not be able to maintain themselves with such low traffic.

FYI, here in Slovenia, as already mentioned in this thread cinemas have already opened, but were closed again, due to strict limitations (no masks though while watching movies, just capacity limitations) and primarly due to lack of new movies, as people weren't prepared to expose themselves to watch older classics or academy awards winners, they have already seen.

However, due to lift of limitations and opening of borders with Austria, Italy and Croatia, that has currently the worst epidemilogical picture, the situation has gotten worse over the course of last week. After almost three weeks of no new cases, we had a significant rise in the last week. Now government is holding talks to again impose some limitations, primarly in connection with enclosed spaces, as the latest medical report showed, that the virus spreads most in enclosed spaces like fitnesses, clubs, bars and theaters. Due fo this, heard from a colleague, cinemas are staying closed in forseeable future.

Looks like we are in the brink of the second wave, while some countrise are still witnessing the first wave. It does feel like a neverending circle.