Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Can I insert a picture? I got email from my state senator about reopening California. Not looking like theaters will be open by July.

JOBS AND ECONOMY

CALIFORNIA TO OPEN SLOWLY, BUT MAY TAKE A YEAR OR LONGER
Dr. Robert Kim-Farley, medical epidemiologist and infectious-disease expert at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, has reviewed the Governor's four-step plan to re-open California, and predicts the phases won't be complete until a year or longer. See his timeline estimates below;

Continue with Stay at Home Order - Where we are now. Only essential workplaces are open.
Expert Prediction: Will last until end of May or into mid-June.

Lower Risk Workplaces - Retail with curbside pickup, modified schools and childcare centers, offices when telework is not possible, and some public spaces.
Expert Prediction: Will enter phase 2 in mid-June through the month of July.

Higher Risk Workplaces - Personal care businesses such as gyms and hair salons would open, as well as in-person gatherings such as weddings and places of worship.
Expert Prediction: Will enter phase 3 in August or September - sometime in the late summer or early fall.

Full Re-opening - Re-open highest risk workplaces and gatherings, including concerts, conventions and live audience sports.
Expert Prediction: Will enter phase 4 in the middle or latter part of 2021.

Australian cinemas target July restart, pin hopes on Christopher Nolan
Cinemas in Australia are aiming to reopen in July, with exhibitors describing the scheduled worldwide release of Christopher Nolan's big-budget film Tenet as a "totem" guiding them towards re-emergence from the coronavirus shutdown.
https://amp.theage.com.au/culture/movie ... ssion=true

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 12:15 pm
Can I insert a picture? I got email from my state senator about reopening California. Not looking like theaters will be open by July.

JOBS AND ECONOMY

Dr. Robert Kim-Farley, medical epidemiologist and infectious-disease expert at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, has reviewed the Governor's four-step plan to re-open California, and predicts the phases won't be complete until a year or longer. See his timeline estimates below;

Continue with Stay at Home Order - Where we are now. Only essential workplaces are open.

Lower Risk Workplaces - Retail with curbside pickup, modified schools and childcare centers, offices when telework is not possible, and some public spaces.

Higher Risk Workplaces - Personal care businesses such as gyms and hair salons would open, as well as in-person gatherings such as weddings and places of worship.
Expert Prediction: Will enter phase 3 in August or September - sometime in the late summer or early fall.

Full Re-opening - Re-open highest risk workplaces and gatherings, including concerts, conventions and live audience sports.
This is fucking retarded. We already flattened the curve. Hospitals won’t be overwhelmed. What are we waiting for?

Damn...Without New York and California will WB feel its worth it to open Tenet stateside? And then if not, its gonna be delayed around the world also.

anikom15 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 1:52 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:

JOBS AND ECONOMY

This is fucking retarded. We already flattened the curve. Hospitals won’t be overwhelmed. What are we waiting for?
Because many states cases are still growing. The US isn’t seeing huge drop
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/co ... -s-states/

The US isn’t doing a good with decrease cases. Too many people are still going out. We not seeing huge percent increase but we not not having huge decrease like other countries

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 6:46 pm
anikom15 wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:

JOBS AND ECONOMY

The US isn’t doing a good with decrease cases. Too many people are still going out. We not seeing huge percent increase but we not not having huge decrease like other countries
So? We already know that. The virus can't be contained. Literally everyone is going to be exposed to it one way or another.

The whole point of closing businesses was to flatten the curve so that the hospital system wouldn't be overwhelmed. It's clear now that the hospital system is fine. It wasn't to decrease cases. That's literally impossible at this point.

anikom15 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 8:16 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
anikom15 wrote:

So? We already know that. The virus can't be contained. Literally everyone is going to be exposed to it one way or another.

The whole point of closing businesses was to flatten the curve so that the hospital system wouldn't be overwhelmed. It's clear now that the hospital system is fine. It wasn't to decrease cases. That's literally impossible at this point.
Exactly. I wish more people would try to see both sides of the situation, instead people are treating this issue like it's black and white: "either you stay inside or you die/kill someone else" and on the other extreme "the virus is a hoax. we should go back to living like absolutely nothing is wrong". What happened to a middle ground? A full-on lockdown for another few months will destroy the country in other ways: poverty, starvation, and a deep dark depression. We need to start at least returning to "normal", while being cautious. It's the only way forward.

anikom15 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 8:16 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
anikom15 wrote:

I things won’t go back to normal for a long time. That why there will be a slow low roll many states to make sure the cases don’t spike. This is bad time for everyone. There is no easy answer.

Even if most of the country has theaters open by July, I could sadly see WB ultimately pushing back Tenet anyway if California isn't open, which would unravel the current plan of theaters nationwide (and worldwide almost) opening with it. The curve has been largely flattened over here, there's no real reason to keep movie theaters and other businesses closed for several more months! The situation is nowhere near the same here as it is in New York!

Seems like IL might not be ready to reopen cinemas by July either in the new plan unveiled today. It doesn't make any hard estimates beyond "Phase 3" starting at the very end of May as a best case scenario and "Phase 4" will likely take quite a while after that.

NY may not either.

-Vader