Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
marshallmurphy wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 7:18 pm
Drove by movie theater tonight on my way to pick up some dinner. It was very crowded! Looks like people are itching to get out!

:gonf:
That could be a problem, Hong Kong had it under control early on, but they relaxed the social distancing measures and the cases blew up, hopefully by july this wont be the case, but then again, i wouldnt mind waiting until august or a bit later.

marshallmurphy wrote:
Drove by movie theater tonight on my way to pick up some dinner. It was very crowded! Looks like people are itching to get out!

This goes against my theory that people will be tired of movies post-quarantine. Where are you located?

this is indeed good news

The US just had its deadliest day due to the virus so far.

We're not out of the woods yet.

I know many are looking to get back to normal, but the reality is that won't be the case for much of the country anytime soon.

marshallmurphy wrote:

Which country?

anikom15 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 2:43 am
This goes against my theory that people will be tired of movies post-quarantine. Where are you located?
San Antonio area.

anikom15 wrote:
marshallmurphy wrote:

Because it’s a theory with little to no merit and shows a complete lack of understanding of our current society. People will rush en masse to any social activity that even in the slightest represents the life which most of us aren’t able to do right now. If people aren’t gonna flock to see tenet it will be by and large because they aren’t interested, not because they don’t want to go out to see a movie.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 12:53 pm
anikom15 wrote:
San Antonio area.
Do you know if their doing reduced seating capacity in theaters and social distancing for lines at concession stand and box office?

radewart wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:14 pm
Do you know if their doing reduced seating capacity in theaters and social distancing for lines at concession stand and box office?
I believe they’re operating at 25% capacity. Employees have to wear masks, and they have reduced showtimes to allow for cleanings between movies.

I think it will make around $600 - 700 million worldwide, which still will be really good.