Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Innovator wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 10:36 am
First of all, I hope everyone is healthy and safe.

I found this in another forum, not sure how credible it is, but I think it's still worth sharing (it was posted yesterday):

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=829
Heard from my source that this is being talked about getting pushed back to Christmas.

WB in the process of moving their entire slate back.
It makes sense, if true. I hope everything will be alright by then.
OMG!!! If "Britnasty" said it on a random forum then it must be true!!!

Seriously? You're not sure how credible it is? It's a random post on a random forum by a random person. Of course she's no insider and only guessing like everyone else.

Do you want to know how I KNOW she's wrong? Because my legit insider at Syncopy has already told me that the movie is getting pushed to 2021. They want Dune to keep its release and Nolan doesn't want to give up on a July date and WB was pushing him to postpone. So they decided on July 2021. The studio is moving Space Jam 2 to December because of this and is in communication with Paramount on when to exactly release Tenet and Mission: Impossible 7. Neither of them fears Indiana Jones 5 as they don't think it will keep its July release date and it will be pushed once again or even cancelled altogether.

See? Anyone can post this nonsense, so no. It's not worth sharing.

I dug into the guy's posts and he seems to have broken the news there on like Mulan/Widow/New Mutants being delayed, Onward going straight to home a few days before being announced... might be worth keeping an eye on this
Last edited by antovolk on April 2nd, 2020, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

LelekPL wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 1:40 am
Innovator wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 10:36 am
First of all, I hope everyone is healthy and safe.

I found this in another forum, not sure how credible it is, but I think it's still worth sharing (it was posted yesterday):

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=829
Heard from my source that this is being talked about getting pushed back to Christmas.

WB in the process of moving their entire slate back.
It makes sense, if true. I hope everything will be alright by then.

Seriously? You're not sure how credible it is? It's a random post on a random forum by a random person. Of course she's no insider and only guessing like everyone else.

Do you want to know how I KNOW she's wrong? Because my legit insider at Syncopy has already told me that the movie is getting pushed to 2021. They want Dune to keep its release and Nolan doesn't want to give up on a July date and WB was pushing him to postpone. So they decided on July 2021. The studio is moving Space Jam 2 to December because of this and is in communication with Paramount on when to exactly release Tenet and Mission: Impossible 7. Neither of them fears Indiana Jones 5 as they don't think it will keep its July release date and it will be pushed once again or even cancelled altogether.

How cool would that be to have an insider at Syncopy as they employ only 4 persons, including Chris and Emma? :D

I figure Tenet will get the December slot. I hope Dune will get Spring 2021 at the earliest...

LelekPL wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 1:40 am

Gotcha. But I never said "it must be true!!!" nor I was trying to imply that.

I just thought it was too much of a random comment (on a well known forum) to pass on, it reminded me of how we first found out about the Tenet teaser and the description we got from a random twitter account. Most of us (myself included) didn't believe it at first.

Not a big deal though.

antovolk wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 8:42 am
I dug into the guy's posts and he seems to have broken the news there on like Mulan/Widow/New Mutants being delayed, Onward going straight to home a few days before being announced... might be worth keeping an eye on this
Either way, I'm assuming we'll find out sooner rather than later.

So Top Gun occupying the Christmas spot pretty much counts Tenet out from moving there because of both films being filmed in IMAX.

If it’s gets pushed to July 2021!

Would October be viable? If not, then I guess 2021 it is. There are bigger worries, but damn that would suck.

15 more months of speculation and theories. 15 more months of watching the teaser, trailer and a bootleg of the prologue. This is torture.

You cannot gamble with a movie like TENET and I’m not entirely sure things will go back to normal anytime this year.

Innovator wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 1:21 pm
Would October be viable? If not, then I guess 2021 it is. There are bigger worries, but damn that would suck.
Would be new territory for Nolan...plus there's speculation In The Heights can move into that slot.