Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
If it gets delayed, where should they put it? Scrap it until next July? Maybe December would be ideal?

If they delay Tenet, WB would have to delay Wonder Woman 1984 first.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 12:43 pm
If they delay Tenet, WB would have to delay Wonder Woman 1984 first.
if they delay tenet and WW, i predict dune will have the same fate, because dune marketing has not kick off yet, WB will try to move tenet or ww release date to december

Trump just told the press this will be over in July or August "if they do a really good job."

Tenet is lower than low on the list of real world concerns, but we should prepare for the very real possibility it's moved. Possibly into next year, as November and December are stacked.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 3:48 pm
Trump just told the press this will be over in July or August "if they do a really good job."

Tenet is lower than low on the list of real world concerns, but we should prepare for the very real possibility it's moved. Possibly into next year, as November and December are stacked.

-Vader
I don't think they would directly moved it to 2021, autumn/winter window is a fair choice I think. Just avoid DUNE.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 5:16 am
Vader182 wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 3:48 pm

-Vader
I don't think they would directly moved it to 2021, autumn/winter window is a fair choice I think. Just avoid DUNE.
agree

AMC stated that their locations will be closed for 6 to 12 weeks, meaning they would be back up and running in mid-June at the latest. I assume other chains will follow roughly the same timeline. Tenet should be fine unless the virus becomes catastrophic and theaters have to remain closed even longer. If that's the case, the entire Summer movie catalog would get screwed over.

still some variables at play here, but Tenet may end up being one of the first movies to be released as theaters reopen in late june/early july. and it'll be interesting to see if ppl come back to theaters for a sense of community, or if there's a hangover that leads into the fall? (i hope and lean toward the former)

another interesting aspect here is how will marketing be affected? no Black Widow means no trailer attached in theaters. Will marketing plans shift to a new online strategy?

I know that health should be the priority right now but I truly hope Tenet doesn’t get postponed. It’s literally the most exciting event this year for me. Fingers crossed the virus is contained by then.

I just hope when we all do see Tenet, it will be with an audience that is happy and healthy and with no fear of the unknown looming over all of us.

Whenever that date is, it's fine. I can wait it out. I just want this experience to be positive like all my other experiences with watching Nolan movies in theaters.