Elizabeth Debicki joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Didn't she play that evil golden lady in Guardians of the Galaxy 2?

Batman's Batman wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:58 pm
Didn't she play that evil golden lady in Guardians of the Galaxy 2?
Yes

She was also pretty good in Gatsby. My favourite of the three leads.£

Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:39 pm
Allstar wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Durden wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 2:54 pm
Between Widows and The Tale she had a great year last year. Couldn’t really think of a more exciting choice.
A Chastain re-team?
I tend to like Chastain as an actress, but to me she was not a grown-up version of Mackenzie Foy's young Murph. I think Liv Tyler could have been a much stronger match.

I think part of the problem with Chastain is the same as with Amy Adams; any time I see them on screen, I just see them as actresses. They are good at what they do, but instead of calling them Murph or whatever character they are, I just call them Adams or Chastain.
I am baffled by this opinion every time I see it, because to me they could not look more different: Ms. Chaistain has a sharp, angular face while Ms. Adams has a soft, round face.

Same with people saying the same thing about Mr. Cera and Mr. Eisenberg, when Mr. Cera clearly has a soft, round face and Mr. Eisenberg has a sharp, angular face.

Oku wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:03 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Allstar wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:25 pm

A Chastain re-team?
I tend to like Chastain as an actress, but to me she was not a grown-up version of Mackenzie Foy's young Murph. I think Liv Tyler could have been a much stronger match.

I think part of the problem with Chastain is the same as with Amy Adams; any time I see them on screen, I just see them as actresses. They are good at what they do, but instead of calling them Murph or whatever character they are, I just call them Adams or Chastain.
I am baffled by this opinion every time I see it, because to me they could not look more different: Ms. Chaistain has a sharp, angular face while Ms. Adams has a soft, round face.

Same with people saying the same thing about Mr. Cera and Mr. Eisenberg, when Mr. Cera clearly has a soft, round face and Mr. Eisenberg has a sharp, angular face.
LOL I didn't say that Jessica Chastain looks like Amy Adams. I said that like Amy Adams, any time Jessica Chastain appears in a film, I don't see her character's role as much as I see Jessica Chastain putting on a compelling show.

As for the Cera/Eisenberg thing, that likely came from them both being soft-voiced, slightly curly-haired white guys who could play the nice guy next door. This was after Cera in Superbad and Eisenberg in Zombieland, though. I don't think people thought they looked alike so much as they might have been able to pass off as playing similar roles if cast.

She's absolutely gorgeous

Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Oku wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

LOL I didn't say that Jessica Chastain looks like Amy Adams. I said that like Amy Adams, any time Jessica Chastain appears in a film, I don't see her character's role as much as I see Jessica Chastain putting on a compelling show.

As for the Cera/Eisenberg thing, that likely came from them both being soft-voiced, slightly curly-haired white guys who could play the nice guy next door. This was after Cera in Superbad and Eisenberg in Zombieland, though. I don't think people thought they looked alike so much as they might have been able to pass off as playing similar roles if cast.
Oh sorry, I read your comment too quickly.

I had that opinion pent-up and needed an excuse to vent it, it appears. :lol:

Chastain can fuck right off.

This isn't about her. Move on.

Oku wrote:

I don't think he's saying they look alike :lol: He's saying that he doesn't see the character - as in that's Jessica Chastain playing Jessica Chastain.

I'd rather we'd get actors that aren't completely overexposed at this point, so I'm pretty happy with what we've got so far.