Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm
People were disappointed with Interstellar because they watched the Dark Knight and Inception and expected it to be as good as these two films.

It's hard to compare different genres but Interstellar would be consider a less entertaining film compared to those 2 movies by a pretty clear margin for most people.
I've always loved Interstellar. It was my favorite Nolan film until I rewatched Dunkirk, and now that film has the top spot. Speaking for myself, I thought Interstellar and Dunkirk were both extremely entertaining (like unbelievably so).

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:26 pm
danevito wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 12:16 pm
oh that is too late, it can only go downhill from here.
I guess it’s already too late now. But I hope it doesn’t go downhill for the film and that it lives up to those words. It’s Nolan at the end of the day so it promises. The problem are those people who, for some odd reason, get mad or don’t like when something is overhyped and it can make them predisposed towards a mentality of how something won’t be good just because of the hype.
Remember Avatar? I really hated that movie.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 3:47 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
People were disappointed with Interstellar because they watched the Dark Knight and Inception and expected it to be as good as these two films.

It's hard to compare different genres but Interstellar would be consider a less entertaining film compared to those 2 movies by a pretty clear margin for most people.
I've always loved Interstellar. It was my favorite Nolan film until I rewatched Dunkirk, and now that film has the top spot. Speaking for myself, I thought Interstellar and Dunkirk were both extremely entertaining (like unbelievably so).
I never get how Dunkirk is a entertaining movie. From a technical point of view, the movie is brillant in many ways. But it never worked for me as a movie that entertains. I watched 1917 and I enjoyed it.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 4:23 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 3:47 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:

I never get how Dunkirk is a entertaining movie. From a technical point of view, the movie is brillant in many ways. But it never worked for me as a movie that entertains. I watched 1917 and I enjoyed it.
I forgot 1917 the very next hour. Literally.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 4:23 pm
The first time I watched it I did not find it entertaining, which surprised me because I always find Nolan movies extremely entertaining. I rewatched it recently and completely changed my mind. The movie is non-stop action, non-stop heart-pounding score. The pacing is perfect. Not to mention, it’s beautiful to look at and super impressive visually in terms of the practical effects.

I watched 1917 a couple weeks ago, and about two weeks after rewatching Dunkirk, and damn was I unimpressed. I wasn’t bored during it, but it lacked the emotion and the action and the music that made Dunkirk an amazing film. That movie was just all about the single take, and for me personally it felt too stagey, which in turn removed most of the emotion.

Nothing lives up to the hype. Best to keep expectations in check when going into anything.

Ace wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 10:09 am

Describing Tenet, Robert Pattinson makes the analogy of a plate-spinner. “There’s a point where you’re like, it’s kind of cool, and it becomes so insane that it’s almost frightening,” he laughs. “I sound like such a moron talking about this stuff. Because on top of the, uh – how would I even say this? Quite advanced theoretical physics; I think I’m allowed to say that – it’s just got a billion different ways to read it.” He gasps, breathless. “It’s so complicated; if it wasn’t Chris Nolan doing it, you’d be like, ‘This is an impossible movie.’”
This is going to be something quite special

I learned to separate the hype from the film itself, i enjoy the anticipation, the speculation, its christmas eve, but when i enter the theater, its movie time, its time to forget everything else (and i usually do, even spoilers or stuff like that) and i enjoy the films for what they are, i dont think its necessary to not have any expectations or excitement.

Ace

Ace
Robert Pattinson says Tenet is 'the greatest plate-spinning trick you've ever seen'
"I came back a couple of days later, to a kind of studio at the back of his house," Pattinson recalled while speaking with EW for its July cover story. "It didn't have a title page or anything."

It is fair to say Pattinson was blown away by what he read that day.

"You really think it’s going to be a particular type of genre," he told EW. "Then it expands into something else and you’re like, 'Oh, okay, this is kind of where we’re at.' Then it just completely morphs into an entirely different genre, which is very, very unexpected. My first impression was it seems like the greatest plate-spinning trick you've ever seen. It’s putting another plate spinning and another and another and another to the point where it gets really impressive and then it just sort of gets frightening. It becomes a magic trick, this feat of engineering, the script. When I first read it, I was just kind of amazed by the ingenuity of the writing. Then, just to think, like, how the f--- are they going to make this into an actual movie? Just the basic premise of certain scenes are so complicated to even understand in your mind, the idea of actually shooting them seemed totally impossible. Luckily, I didn’t have to plan it at all. I just had to turn up.”