Tenet - Crew Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Bacon wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 6:21 pm
Oku wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:46 pm
MyCocaine wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:20 pm
I don't expect seeing Smith ever again.

Nolan seems pretty cutthroat. Pfister wanted Transcendence and Smith chose Mendes.

Also, Zimmer could be next given his schedule.
Maybe he was locked into contract by the time Mr. Nolan came around with his 2020 project, and it was too late to back out?
I'm pretty sure Nolan gives his crew ample time to prepare/leave schedules open.
I'm sure Zimmer leaves his schedule open in anticipation of a new Nolan project every ~2 years

Ace
Emma Thomas did say they would be looking to hire more women for future projects.
As the rare woman on a predominantly male set—as are most in Hollywood—Thomas has been reflecting on the industry’s response to the harassment and gender parity issues raised by #MeToo and Time’s Up. “As a producer, I’m a manager, aren’t I?” she said. “I’m no different than a manager in a bank or a paper clip-making factory. It’s my responsibility to create a workspace that’s safe for everybody, where people are treated with respect whether they’re women or men. As it relates specifically to the sexual harassment thing, I do think that the more women there are in a workplace, the less likely that is to happen. That’s something that is important going forward. It’s definitely something that I’m going to be looking at.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... mma-thomas
Last edited by Ace on April 5th, 2019, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I mean I get it, but I hope they are always hiring the best person for the job. If it is a woman, my gosh hire her. If the script calls for a woman, I mean you cast her of course. If they're equal, shoot yeah go for the female worker. Don't go out of your way, though.

I'm totally for equality and women's rights of course, but I'm sick of hearing about it and having it thrown in my face. It interfered with Cars 3, after all. Same with things facing African Americans and Asians and such. The Oscars are a chore to work through watching because people are pushing their personal agendas on that pedestal and not speaking about their film and their work.

I get the greater good, but this is a Nolan film we're talking about! He hasn't even made a dozen of these things in his life.

I'm interested in what Jennifer Lame will bring as well.

Havoc1st wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 7:19 pm
I'm interested in what Jennifer Lame will bring as well.
Yes, see like this. If they brought her on, I believe it's because she's the best person for the job. Again, she did impeccable work in Hereditary. I love everything about the way that film was shot and cut. I hope that's why they hired her as well.

It might be worth mentioning also that Jennifer Lame wasn't the sole editor for Hereditary and that Aster is not using her for Midsommar. Granted, Midsommar will be...a whole different kind of movie lmao

Bacon wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm
It might be worth mentioning also that Jennifer Lame wasn't the sole editor for Hereditary and that Aster is not using her for Midsommar. Granted, Midsommar will be...a whole different kind of movie lmao
Touché. I did not know these two things.

Where did he confirm this?

Richard King :gonf:
Controversial opinion: I'm not entirely happy with the mix on Dunkirk. No, it's not about dialogue. Dunkirk is just way to aggressive and harsh sometimes and I feel that the mix could've been just as loud but still retained some clarity.
Inception IMO is his best film in terms of sound mixing - it sounds incredible.
For comparison, play BR2049 and compare to Dunkirk. 2049 had some really loud moments but it just orgasmic.