Tenet - Cast Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collins wrote:
April 1st, 2019, 2:57 pm
Angus wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 9:27 pm
Seems like it's becoming more and more likely that the only "Nolan regular" we might be getting is Michael Caine.

Most likely no Cillian Murphy, or Anne Hathaway, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy. They all have projects lined up.

Who are the other more frequent collaborators?

Liam Neeson
Morgan Freeman
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Gary Oldman
Marion Cotillard
Ken Watanabe
Mark Boone Junior
Nicky Katt

Any ideas on what they're up to?
Cotillard will never shoot again with Nolan
Oh, why is this?

Collins wrote:
Why's that?

I highly doubt that anyone who's lucky enough to have worked with Nolan twice would not want to work with him a third time, lol.

Angus wrote:
April 1st, 2019, 3:07 pm
Collins wrote:
Angus wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 9:27 pm
Seems like it's becoming more and more likely that the only "Nolan regular" we might be getting is Michael Caine.

Most likely no Cillian Murphy, or Anne Hathaway, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy. They all have projects lined up.

Who are the other more frequent collaborators?

Liam Neeson
Morgan Freeman
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Gary Oldman
Marion Cotillard
Ken Watanabe
Mark Boone Junior
Nicky Katt

Any ideas on what they're up to?
Oh, why is this?
Because during the shooting of The Dark Knight Rises, she went many times secretly in France for shoot the movie "De rouille et d'os" (and she was not allowed). When she go back for The Dark knight Rises she was exhausted and the production was very upset by that.

that still doesn't explain that scene.

Collins wrote:
April 1st, 2019, 3:41 pm
Because during the shooting of The Dark Knight Rises, she went many times secretly in France for shoot the movie "De rouille et d'os" (and she was not allowed). When she go back for The Dark knight Rises she was exhausted and the production was very upset by that.
Cotillard: "I did something to upset you, and that upsets me."

That doesn't make any sense to me, but it is what it is, I guess.

Pratham wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 2:18 am
that still doesn't explain that scene.
I've been fine explaining to people that she passed out there. There's nothing in the film that says she dies, and there's no reason that passing out couldn't have happened either. Then they just arrest her after they got the bomb out of there.

I still don't think her death scene is bad acting. Her last breath exited quick. Her lungs and ribs were crushed like a mofo. Air was literally escaping as fast as it could. It's like she couldn't choose to breathe naturally one last time. I get it.

Didn't she say her death wasn't supposed to be shown in the movie, so she wasn't really trying, but then Nolan put it in nonetheless because the scene didn't work without it?

Oku
It's probably the single most noticeably embarrassing goof in any of Mr. Nolan's films.

I do wonder why not a single interviewer has ever asked him about it.

Or maybe he has been asked about it off the record, and it just hasn't been made public out of courtesy?

Even though I really enjoy watching the film, mostly because of its enormous scope and energy (including Bane himself and the score), TDKR has a lot of goofy and even awkward moments, mostly performances or certain deliveries, even from the main characters. I think the moment when JGL confronts Gordon while they're watching the live broadcast of Bane revealing the truth about Harvey Dent, that whole scene feels quite forced and odd in a way. The whole "clean slate" subplot is really forced sometimes (especially how Ben Mendelssohn becomes an awkward tool of exposition in one scene). The underground prison thingy would be great if it wasn't ruined for me by some of the horrible extras and weird editing... so to me there are quite a few moments that are weird and odd in TDKR, and I wouldn't single out the Cotillard plot twist (and death scene) as THE weird moment in the film. Other people, including interviewers and reporters, must feel the same way.