TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nomis wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:04 am
I think it's because of new lenses which enabled them to get closer to the actor's faces, but I think it's still as loud as it used to be. They did manage to make the 5-perf 65mm camera's quieter. Which is nice.
what ar is the 65mm? 2.20, 1.78 ?

danevito wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:47 am
what ar is the 65mm? 2.20, 1.78 ?
65mm is usually 2.20.

Nomis wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:04 am
I think it's because of new lenses which enabled them to get closer to the actor's faces, but I think it's still as loud as it used to be. They did manage to make the 5-perf 65mm camera's quieter. Which is nice.
as i understand it, the 65mm 5 perf cameras always have been sound proof, thats why they are so much heavier than the msm camera, and why hoyte handhelds that one instead.

Yes and a company made 5-perf 65mm cameras that are much lighter and even quieter.

It’s so exciting that they’ve used high-speed 65mm cameras and the film will feature frame-rate ramping (possibly during the car chase).

I dont know if its feasible or smart or whatever, but I think it would be cool if they shot 35mm academy with IMAX and just framed for widescreen. That way the aspect ratios would be very similar and you'd get a whole massive square experience for the entire movie.

1. That’s what Zack Snyder wanted to do with Justice League

2. They might have done something similar on Interstellar. Some shots of the Endurance (miniature) were shot with a 35mm Vistavision camera. But I’m not sure if those shots were 1.43:1 or scope - but most of the frame is just black since... space.

3. Some people complained about 5-perf 65mm not looking as good as 15-perf 65mm so the difference between 35mm and 65mm will be drastic. Also, I think it’s good that the whole film is shot on large format.
Last edited by Tarssauce on August 4th, 2020, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They used VistaVision on Interstellar?

Yes. The wide shots of the Endurance whirling in space are Vistavision. They wanted to replicate the harsh sunlight hitting it so they used Vistavision with motion-control and shot at a much lower frame rate and shutter speed so they could get as much light as they can. Almost like stop motion.

So bigger than 4-perf 35mm and smaller than IMAX film. 8-perf 35mm to be exact, equal to a full frame still camera.

Does anyone think the new Tenet and Inception features will be on the Inception re-release on Cineworld's IMAX?

I normally avoid it because of the difference compared to Vue's Manchester IMAX, but Vue aren't looking like opening, yet.

With Manchester going the way it is, there's a chance they may not for a while.

I got this at work today for the Aug 12 release of Inception.