TENET - General Information

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 2897
Joined: January 2009
With all these magazines from around the globe... will Empire feature an in-depth look at Tenet at all? Did I bet on the wrong horse by subscribing to Empire instead of Total Film this year? :D I was looking forward to their usual Nolan-feature...

User avatar
Posts: 458
Joined: May 2020
Location: Australia
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 6:40 am
With all these magazines from around the globe... will Empire feature an in-depth look at Tenet at all? Did I bet on the wrong horse by subscribing to Empire instead of Total Film this year? :D I was looking forward to their usual Nolan-feature...
I bet they will. Since, it's one the biggest magazines left that hasn't had a Tenet feature, I'm betting they're waiting until the release date is more absolute before debuting it.

KEM
Posts: 240
Joined: December 2019
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 2897
Joined: January 2009
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 12:23 pm
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?
It was in one of the magazines, either TotalFilm or Entertainment Weekly.

KEM
Posts: 240
Joined: December 2019
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:15 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 12:23 pm
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?
It was in one of the magazines, either TotalFilm or Entertainment Weekly.
Any link/screenshot of that? I want to get as much info on the score process as I can!

Posts: 167
Joined: January 2020
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:19 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:15 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 12:23 pm
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?
It was in one of the magazines, either TotalFilm or Entertainment Weekly.
Any link/screenshot of that? I want to get as much info on the score process as I can!
This is the TotalFilm full issue. Have a look at it, i think it's here, not 100% sure though.

https://smallpdf.com/shared#st=ee707e76 ... nt&rf=link

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 2897
Joined: January 2009
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:19 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 1:15 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 12:23 pm
The Wikipedia page says Ludwig remotely recorded musicians from their homes, any idea on the source?
It was in one of the magazines, either TotalFilm or Entertainment Weekly.
Any link/screenshot of that? I want to get as much info on the score process as I can!
Composer Ludwig Göransson was about to start the orchestral sessions for the soundtrack when the country shut down. “We’ve been recording the musicians in their houses individually and then my engineer’s putting it together,” says Göransson, whose credits include Black Panther and The Mandalorian. “You don’t get the traditional orchestra sound, but the sound that we do get is actually very fitting for the score.”
https://ew.com/movies/christopher-nolan-tenet-cover/

KEM
Posts: 240
Joined: December 2019
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool

Posts: 501
Joined: May 2020
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool
I agree. The music in the prologue sounds like a modern electronic band music rather than the typical orchestral sound. Having the musicians record their individiual parts is not that bad of a deal.

Film music tend to receive significant electronic enhancements anyway.

User avatar
Posts: 296
Joined: December 2019
Location: United States
dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 8:22 pm
KEM wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Very interesting, I’m excited to hear how that sounds. So far the score seems to be much more sound design heavy, so I think this closer, focused orchestral sound will be really cool
I agree. The music in the prologue sounds like a modern electronic band music rather than the typical orchestral sound. Having the musicians record their individiual parts is not that bad of a deal.

Film music tend to receive significant electronic enhancements anyway.
The prologue music was done before the lockdown though, so can't we assume that the musicians recorded together for this?

Do you all think that the prologue music is going to be changed now that the score couldn't be finished in the same way? Like, it would be weird for that part to sound different than the rest of the movie, so maybe they had to change it. That would kind of suck, because that music was perfect.

I have no idea how scoring a film works, so maybe this is way off.

Post Reply