TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
“Quantum cold war”

I’m going to cry if I don’t get to see this movie this year.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 11:56 am
“Quantum cold war”

Lol, I think this is the most significant update since the trailer was released. I always thought some of the costumes looked dated as well as the rotary phone in the trailer and some of the other furniture looks as though it is very dated as well. Quantum Cold War lol what the fuck??????

cobble engineering wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 12:54 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
“Quantum cold war”

Lol, I think this is the most significant update since the trailer was released. I always thought some of the costumes looked dated as well as the rotary phone in the trailer and some of the other furniture looks as though it is very dated as well. Quantum Cold War lol what the fuck??????
LFS, is that you?!

If yes, just realised we both have commented the same things here and on Reddit :D

Nolanfan93 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 12:59 pm
cobble engineering wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 12:54 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
“Quantum cold war”

LFS, is that you?!

If yes, just realised we both have commented the same things here and on Reddit :D
Yeah its me lol glad to see im not the only one who goes on the Tenet reddit forum every few hours.

When should we be expecting the announcement from WB if Tenet is still on track for July 17? I heard they were going to announce at the end of the week (don't know which week).

speedy117 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 1:15 pm
When should we be expecting the announcement from WB if Tenet is still on track for July 17? I heard they were going to announce at the end of the week (don't know which week).
They said "a week from now" around 3-4 days ago. Doesn't that mean we should get the announcement in the next 3-4 days?

antovolk wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 10:58 am
Moving a bit from the whole cinemas/COVID discussion, the making-of book has been retitled:

The Secrets of Tenet: Inside Christopher Nolan's Quantum Cold War
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN comes a mind-blowing espionage thriller so unique that audiences will puzzle over its intricacies for years to come. The Secrets of Tenet takes readers on an exclusive journey into Nolan's time-bending masterpiece, offering rare insights into all aspects of its creation. Featuring in-depth commentary from Nolan himself and a range of other key collaborators--including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley--The Secrets of Tenet delivers an essential masterclass that lays bare the director's process and his singular creative vision. Illustrated with candid behind-the-scenes imagery and compelling conceptual art, this is the ultimate exploration of a film guaranteed to linger in the imagination long into the future . . . and perhaps the past.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Tenet-J ... 1647220602
Well, that’s quite a change in the description. Anyone has the first one? Thank you for posting this. Feel I needed this because I was getting tired of seeing the release date discussion.

... a mind-blowing espionage thriller so unique that audiences will puzzle over its intricacies for years to come.

I don't think we expected anything less. The marketing campaign must kick off after this. It's been long overdue given it stays on the same premiere date.

The "quantum cold war" thing is truly the biggest new info we've had in a long time :D Although I'm pretty sure the "cold war" bit refers to a state of two or more parties/enemies (countries, regimes or corporations) engaging in some sort of "silent war" such as industrial espionage, maybe even an arms race (racing to the development of some sort of time travelling mechanic?). It does not refer to this film taking place in the actual Cold War (1950-1980s).

Insomniac wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 11:34 am
If this film is disappointing, let's all blame this guy for prematurely calling it a masterpiece.
The only two things I can tell you is that coming from the guy who made The making of Memento and Dunkirk, it may mean something. And don’t have your expectations too high. People get more disappointed when they do that even if the movie is great just because it wasn’t they way the wanted it.