TENET - General Information/Discussion/Speculation

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
Posts: 538
Joined: October 2019
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 8:08 pm
nolan3181 wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 7:06 pm
I've read somewhere that the movie is about the Mirror Universe Theory which states that when the universe was created in the big bang it also created a alternative universe where everything that happens on earth happens on the alternative universe but backwards. I'm not sure how true this is but if it is it would explain the title of the movie, the backwards scenes , and the title rotating from white to black.
woah :o

would just be missing the motive for altering one of the time lines. maybe to create linearity between the two? I still think the rest of the names in the TENET square mean something as well.

Maybe the Tenet of time is the protagonist. Tenet is a principle or belief that is generally held to be true. A general truth is essentially a construct, and in the construct of how time moves, one can not go back. Just like language referring to eternity...the construct of time disallows human's to be able comprehend terms regarding endless time, because no human has existed in that realm.

"Time has come for a new protagonist." Tenet is centered on the poster. And TENET is placed in two different settings...black and white. The colors could represent Time periods, good and evil, beginning and end, (the shift between black to white)? If someone were to change the rules of time, say for instance be able to manipulate it as a means to leap forward or go backwards, this essentially would be a destruction of our current tenet of time itself. In that regard, maybe time is the antagonist as well as its manipulation would destroy the Tenet.

So essentially at the core TIME is both the protagonist and antagonist, good and evil, light and dark, forward and backwards...a palindrome.

Also on the rotating poster....only one T in TeneT controls the screen change from white to black. I wonder if that plays into anything.

idk i just got out of a law exam my brain is dead.
This is quite brilliant, great work.

Posts: 48
Joined: May 2019
El Especial wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 3:18 pm
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 8:08 pm
nolan3181 wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 7:06 pm
I've read somewhere that the movie is about the Mirror Universe Theory which states that when the universe was created in the big bang it also created a alternative universe where everything that happens on earth happens on the alternative universe but backwards. I'm not sure how true this is but if it is it would explain the title of the movie, the backwards scenes , and the title rotating from white to black.
woah :o

would just be missing the motive for altering one of the time lines. maybe to create linearity between the two? I still think the rest of the names in the TENET square mean something as well.

Maybe the Tenet of time is the protagonist. Tenet is a principle or belief that is generally held to be true. A general truth is essentially a construct, and in the construct of how time moves, one can not go back. Just like language referring to eternity...the construct of time disallows human's to be able comprehend terms regarding endless time, because no human has existed in that realm.

"Time has come for a new protagonist." Tenet is centered on the poster. And TENET is placed in two different settings...black and white. The colors could represent Time periods, good and evil, beginning and end, (the shift between black to white)? If someone were to change the rules of time, say for instance be able to manipulate it as a means to leap forward or go backwards, this essentially would be a destruction of our current tenet of time itself. In that regard, maybe time is the antagonist as well as its manipulation would destroy the Tenet.

So essentially at the core TIME is both the protagonist and antagonist, good and evil, light and dark, forward and backwards...a palindrome.

Also on the rotating poster....only one T in TeneT controls the screen change from white to black. I wonder if that plays into anything.

idk i just got out of a law exam my brain is dead.
This is quite brilliant, great work.
Why thank you.

I don't see an exploration of anything religious in Tenet which goes against early rumors. I think Time will be explored or thought of in a way that we haven't experienced yet. Essentially Nolan is going to destroy our own Tenet of time (maybe he's the antagonist haha). I just can't seem to come up with any ideas for motivations (and pair them with what we have seen in the spoilers so far) other than "bad guys wanna use time to change events...yada yada"

I will be seeing the prologue in 70mm thursday night in Indy. hopefully i'll come up with something after that.

User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: December 2019
Anyone know when the trailer would be drop online?

Posts: 3840
Joined: June 2010
JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Anyone know when the trailer would be drop online?
12/19/19

Posts: 301
Joined: July 2019
The Special One wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 12:31 am
JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Anyone know when the trailer would be drop online?
12/19/19
That's when it's in theaters. Online will probably be the following Monday

User avatar
Forum Pro
Law
Posts: 16933
Joined: July 2010
Location: Moonlight Motel
gropercity wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 1:13 am
The Special One wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 12:31 am
JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Anyone know when the trailer would be drop online?
12/19/19
That's when it's in theaters. Online will probably be the following Monday
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Dunkirk trailer dropped online the Monday before it hit theaters that Friday?

User avatar
Posts: 2225
Joined: December 2016
Law wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 1:38 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Dunkirk trailer dropped online the Monday before it hit theaters that Friday?
it dropped online on a Wednesday (Dec 14).

We don’t know what the date indicates for sure - is it for the prologue? Is it for a trailer? We’ll only know for sure on the 19th. There’s still no solid info to say that the trailer would drop in theaters first then online later.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 2893
Joined: January 2009
MyCocaine wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Time Runs Out
Another weird tagline.

I'm not a native English speaker but every tagline for this movie has been slightly off.
The "protagonist" taglines were a bit off, but all of this is intentional, I'm sure. The "Time Runs Out" thing is pretty straight-forward, and as someone else mentioned it, these taglines are super-vague for a reason. All in all, I have no problem with them (and also, who cares for taglines?).

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3459
Joined: May 2012
I'm with MyCocaine, these taglines sound like they've been written by a French native speaker or something.

Like, they're not grammatically wrong per se, but from not knowing anything about how they tie into the film, they definitely are phrased weirdly.

I find it funny that MyCocaine of all people would be so astute about the intricacies of the English language XD

User avatar
Posts: 444
Joined: November 2018
Oku wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 5:58 am
I'm with MyCocaine, these taglines sound like they've been written by a French native speaker or something.

Like, they're not grammatically wrong per se, but from not knowing anything about how they tie into the film, they definitely are phrased weirdly.

I find it funny that MyCocaine of all people would be so astute about the intricacies of the English language XD
I sort of see the French guy analogy, but still, it doesnt sound non-english to me really, perhaps its a bit reminiscent of older brittish vernacular, specially the "time has come for", but the "time runs out" one, it just strikes me as acknowledging a certain inevitability, or a fact of life, perhaps teasing some undertones in the film, but they dont strike me as anything foreign to standard english, specially Brittish.

Post Reply