TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Christopher Nolan is shooting 'Tenet,' his upcoming action-thriller, entirely with Imax cameras, according to the giant-screen exhibitor.
Imax CEO Richard Gelfond told analysts during a conference call that his company is working to get more Hollywood directors to use Imax cameras for their tentpoles. He said Christopher Nolan is shooting Tenet — the Warner Bros. action-thriller starring John David Washington and Robert Pattinson and which is set for release in July 2020 — entirely with Imax cameras on location in seven countries.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... gs-1227998

meshuga wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:16 pm
Christopher Nolan is shooting 'Tenet,' his upcoming action-thriller, entirely with Imax cameras, according to the giant-screen exhibitor.
Imax CEO Richard Gelfond told analysts during a conference call that his company is working to get more Hollywood directors to use Imax cameras for their tentpoles. He said Christopher Nolan is shooting Tenet — the Warner Bros. action-thriller starring John David Washington and Robert Pattinson and which is set for release in July 2020 — entirely with Imax cameras on location in seven countries.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... gs-1227998
:o

Fucking finally.

Entirely? What about Panavision cameras?

Wait what? Doesn't this contradict the early report that it's being shot entirely with 65mm and IMAX 70mm? I thought we saw set pics of them shooting with 65mm cameras?

Well, we already spotted 65mm so... That's not true.

edit: OR those really were modified IMAX camera's? lol so far not buying it tbh

"A massive, innovative action blockbuster"

Nolan62 wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:05 pm
"A massive, innovative action blockbuster"
Dude so? lmfao what does that change when we saw Hoyte shooting on non-IMAX 65mm?

Oku
Concrete set photos showing them using non-IMAX cameras > words of a company hype man during a stockholder meeting

Nomis wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:03 pm
Well, we already spotted 65mm so... That's not true.

edit: OR those really were modified IMAX camera's? lol so far not buying it tbh
I’ve explained why I think a 100% IMAX Nolan film will never happen so many times, so I’m not gonna bother :lol: and they did mention 5-perf 65mm in the press release.

But imagine if they did modify the IMAX camera - like attach a mag with more film. You’ll still get the noise from the motor tho. Anyway, that camera was definitely just a 5/65.