TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 8:15 pm
Well, wasn't the working title of Dunkirk "Bodega Bay". As far as I know, he doesn't have a child called Bodega :lol: Dunkirk was his masterpiece (to me at least - actually every film he made is a masterpiece, who am I kidding but still).

I told y'all he ran out of children lol. Assuming "Merry Go Round" is the working title, this officially confirms that the Tempus Fugit rumor is complete bullsh*t, right?
Yeah, but with this working tittle, it can truly mean that it will be his most intimate and personal movie to date (and if you think : isn't it what Rob said ?!), and you know something else, I think we are all totally wrong about all this since the beginning, by "time continuum" we all think that it will be around sci-fi or time travel etc... but no, if you think about it, time continuum only mean that this is our time, in real life, and the continuity of the events, so look at my point, in my opinion, I think that his new film will be something brut, which will touch our real life, the reality.

And stop all these silly and again very absurd (because yes it is) speculations that it will be related to Inception, because it won't be, I thought it was clear.

"shades of the mind-bending NATURE of Inception", this sentence is very clear and means that the way he will use his new thematics might only remind the way he use thematics and some kind of constructions in Inception, that it can remember a little Nolan using some mind-blowing stuff again

But please, this new movie won't have absolutely link with Inception (not a sequel, not a spin-off, not even in style), and for that matter with any of his other films, it will be a completely new story, and something new again, something he hasn't done before (he always repeat that he's driven to push the boundaries of filmmaking). So it's a new story. Don't summarize him as just a man who is doing some precise sci-fi concept, because it's not.
His last two movies are, to me, his masterpieces, and it was something new (in style), and the guy made a experimental movie in the North of France :lol:
So, it's not to be mean guys ;) but just to said that get into your head that Nolan is making a new original story/film.
And with Interstellar and Dunkirk, he has proven an other thing : that he is a very very versatile director, who can reinventing himself.

And again, all of that is sticking with all Pattinson has said.

P.S And yes, that 4chan things is also really annoying bullshit things.
Nolan I think, is not making a sci-fi or fantastic film.

But "a globe-trotting adventure", that's all we know for now ;)

Yeah I really don't like the idea of him going back to the world of Inception - yes a spin off could be interesting if done right but I feel like he explored the concept and the main characters to the fullest in that film.

"It's like Inception" is a description that is thrown a lot these days. Some compared Dunkirk to Inception - which is kind of fair since it has a complex structure which is comparable to the third act of Inception.

We could speculate and guess all day but the fact is, none of us know what he's planning and what this film will be about. Would love it if this film has spy thriller elements like Bond and MI.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Yeah I really don't like the idea of him going back to the world of Inception - yes a spin off could be interesting if done right but I feel like he explored the concept and the main characters to the fullest in that film.

"It's like Inception" is a description that is thrown a lot these days. Some compared Dunkirk to Inception - which is kind of fair since it has a complex structure which is comparable to the third act of Inception.

We could speculate and guess all day but the fact is, none of us know what he's planning and what this film will be about. Would love it if this film has spy thriller elements like Bond and MI.
I see that we both agree ;) , Nolan has no interest to making sequels to his movies, and yes it would be a very waste of time to explore this world, because nothing, in my opinion has to be explored again (and also because to be fair, and it's just my opinion, it's his weakest movie). It's a movie with an end, that is sufficient unto itself, like all of his movies.

That being said, I tremendously can't wait to discover this adventure around the world that he's preparing to us. Because something said to me that's it will be something really unique, special, and impactful.

And yes, good point, you're right concerning Dunkirk (and I also remember a journalist saying that to him during the press tour before the release and during interviews).

Yeah, some spy things elements/modern techno-thriller, or some kind of tribute to all great classic adventure movie (like Indiana Jones etc...).

We were on the same page until you said Inception is his weakest film :lol: I respectfully disagree. It always blows my mind and I just don't understand how he wrote and conceived it. It's just brilliant and I need to watch again soon. Probably my third favorite (first being Interstellar and second being Dunkirk).

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 9:14 pm
We were on the same page until you said Inception is his weakest film :lol: I respectfully disagree. It always blows my mind and I just don't understand how he wrote and conceived it. It's just brilliant and I need to watch again soon. Probably my third favorite (first being Interstellar and second being Dunkirk).
:lol:

For me, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Memento and The Dark Knight are the top of his craft.

It's set in the 60s. Filming begins in May/June in the UK.

Got this scoop from someone working in the business. ;-)

Was 4chan right? Hmmmmm

Also, Merry Go Round is not the working title.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
Well, wasn't the working title of Dunkirk "Bodega Bay". As far as I know, he doesn't have a child called Bodega :lol: Dunkirk was his masterpiece (to me at least - actually every film he made is a masterpiece, who am I kidding but still).

I told y'all he ran out of children lol. Assuming "Merry Go Round" is the working title, this officially confirms that the Tempus Fugit rumor is complete bullsh*t, right?
I swear somewhere else on twitter also posted about the merry go round thing too that I was surprised no one saw, unless I'm seeing things on there.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 12:04 am
AhmadAli95 wrote:

I swear somewhere else on twitter also posted about the merry go round thing too that I was surprised no one saw, unless I'm seeing things on there.
I don't understand how to read Twitter, so even if it was posted I would have looked right over it.

The @'s, #'s, retweets, etc. make me so confused when I'm on there or when people post about things.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 12:08 am
xWhereAmI? wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:

I don't understand how to read Twitter, so even if it was posted I would have looked right over it.

The @'s, #'s, retweets, etc. make me so confused when I'm on there or when people post about things.
Yeah that's why I posted it because I 100% believe I saw it somewhere else, but whatever, let us guess what it means :lol:

xWhereAmI? wrote:
Only found 2-3 tweets mentioning it - were tweeted yesterday (probably just read it here).
Last edited by Tarssauce on April 13th, 2019, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.