TENET - General Information

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
Posts: 565
Joined: February 2012
WelcometoNoLand wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 9:13 am
After JDW was cast I saw a report there were 3 other leads. Another smae aged male and same aged female. Then Pattinson and Dibicki dropped the next day. If you take that report that was right so far as true then we still have an older male to be cast which was the rumor for the 3rd lead.

I am going go out on a limb and guess it is Denzel Washington. If so this movie has to be a time travel type movie. Using JDW and DW as younger older versions of each other somehow. Or maybe they are just father and son in a more linear film. Just doesn't feel like Nolan's style ha. Nolan is smart, he knows Denzel will put butts in the seat. Plus he probably would love to work with him.

Purely a guess but just feels like Denzel news is going drop next week if an older male lead is still left. Maybe someone could research and see if Denzel is shooting anything else this summer and debunk me.
Denzel's doing a cop movie with John Lee Hancock this summer.

User avatar
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 2012
Evidence of it being a smaller film:

15 months to release and little information.

Lead actors are relatively unknown; no big stars announced yet except possible ‘older lead’ which usually means an older A-list actor brought in to give a star-power boost. This isn’t Bale/X, Leo, McConaughey/Hawthorne level of star-power.

Release date is around a bunch of family-films that will eat up the box-office. This is counter-programming, not a tentpole film meant to be #1.

I’m not saying this is going to be Oscar-bait, but I do think it will be one of Nolan’s smaller films in terms of budget. It doesn’t mean it won’t push the envelope.

Posts: 890
Joined: December 2017
Sharkboy wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 10:23 am
Insomniac wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 1:59 pm
It's a nice poster, but it's no fucking way.

The general audience is just going to ask where DiCaprio is. I mean, it's a total c-movie trope to make a sequel or a spin-off without anyone from the original cast. It's a death sentence. Box-office poison. Even Nolan couldn't make that work.

He is not making The Inception Legacy.
100 time yes. No matter how big the cast or concept, if Leo isn't in it, then there's simply nothing left to tell with Inception, and it will look like a cheap cash in.

We just had Dunkirk, which proved how far Nolan is willing to go out of his comfort zone, I have no idea why people want him to move backwards.
Totally agree. Trust me, I have the same question all the time.

User avatar
Posts: 26090
Joined: June 2011
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 1:58 pm
Evidence of it being a smaller film:

15 months to release and little information.

Lead actors are relatively unknown; no big stars announced yet except possible ‘older lead’ which usually means an older A-list actor brought in to give a star-power boost. This isn’t Bale/X, Leo, McConaughey/Hawthorne level of star-power.

Release date is around a bunch of family-films that will eat up the box-office. This is counter-programming, not a tentpole film meant to be #1.

I’m not saying this is going to be Oscar-bait, but I do think it will be one of Nolan’s smaller films in terms of budget. It doesn’t mean it won’t push the envelope.
It's being described as a "massive innovative action blockbuster" by the people who broke the cast news lmao

User avatar
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 2012
Bacon wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:15 pm
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 1:58 pm
Evidence of it being a smaller film:

15 months to release and little information.

Lead actors are relatively unknown; no big stars announced yet except possible ‘older lead’ which usually means an older A-list actor brought in to give a star-power boost. This isn’t Bale/X, Leo, McConaughey/Hawthorne level of star-power.

Release date is around a bunch of family-films that will eat up the box-office. This is counter-programming, not a tentpole film meant to be #1.

I’m not saying this is going to be Oscar-bait, but I do think it will be one of Nolan’s smaller films in terms of budget. It doesn’t mean it won’t push the envelope.
It's being described as a "massive innovative action blockbuster" by the people who broke the cast news lmao
Evidence for it being a big blockbuster:

Some rumours.

User avatar
Posts: 1180
Joined: May 2017
Location: Elk Grove, CA
July 20th is still a prime spot for summer blockbuster releases. There are plenty of things releasing around it, and now that Nolan has placed himself there people will be crazy to put their films right next to it if they can draw similar audiences. Look at Valerian against Dunkirk.

I actually think this will be one of Nolan's bigger blockbusters. The less the studios have to pay their actors or for licenses, the more a $160 million budget can be utilized in other ways. And of course, I only assume he will keep upping his use of IMAX. This brings me back to a previous point I made a while back that if he plans on increasing IMAX usage without tons of ADR'ed dialogue, he's going to have to have story-based reasons for that to be so. Hoyte has really assisted in finding ways to be on the up-and-up with exactly that. They look at what McQ and Cruise did with Fallout, and want to dethrone items like the skydiving and helicopter sequences. Expect more aerial moments from Nolan, for one thing.

I don't think this film is going to be riddled with dozens of whispering dinner conversations. I also don't think he is going to be going all-out with CGI and making some epic disaster film either, though. Inception-like scope, whether attached to that universe or not, is about what I would expect from this film.

User avatar
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 2012
No way the budget will be $160 million LOL you guys are too much.

User avatar
Posts: 1180
Joined: May 2017
Location: Elk Grove, CA
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:28 pm
No way the budget will be $160 million LOL you guys are too much.
1) I was speaking in hypothetical terms.

2) Let's not rule anything out.

3) If that's all you got out of that sentence, much less my post, then you are going to have to practice honing your comprehension skills.

4) Quoted for the record. I'm not for sure saying that it will be that much, but you are for saying that it won't. We'll see if you're wrong sixteen months from now.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on March 23rd, 2019, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 26090
Joined: June 2011
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:17 pm
Evidence for it being a big blockbuster:

Some rumours from the people that reported the cast.
ftfy

Way to ignore some big details in order to make your theory seem less ridiculous. This thing is getting an IMAX release in the summer time. He's expressed nothing but a desire to go bigger, smarter, and reach the widest audience possible. This might be smaller than Interstellar or Inception, but it's still going to be huge.

User avatar
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 2012
Bacon wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:31 pm
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:17 pm
Evidence for it being a big blockbuster:

Some rumours from the people that reported the cast.
ftfy

Way to ignore some big details in order to make your theory seem less ridiculous. This thing is getting an IMAX release in the summer time. He's expressed nothing but a desire to go bigger, smarter, and reach the widest audience possible. This might be smaller than Interstellar or Inception, but it's still going to be huge.
I can’t remember. Did Dunkirk have IMAX competition?

Post Reply