TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Here's an attempt at some fun with the reversing of time, shot in Bangkok today. In honor of the man himself!!!!

In Portugal cinemas will open in June 1st as well.

Ace wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 9:04 am
"It’s totally in my bones. I don’t need to reference the movies and look at them again. It’s about trying to re-engage with your childhood connection with those movies, with the feeling of what it’s like to go someplace new, someplace fresh. It actually has to take them somewhere they haven’t been before, and that’s why no one’s ever been able, really, to do their own version of James Bond or something. It doesn’t work. And that’s not at all what this is. This is much more my attempt to create the sort of excitement in grand-scale entertainment I felt from those movies as a kid, in my own way.”
This is an interesting comment from him because it almost makes me wonder if, after having expressed interest in making a Bond film in the past, he's now moved on from the idea of doing one officially.

During one of the interviews he did for Dunkirk a few years ago, I recall him saying that although he was interested in making a Bond film, and had met with the Bond producers at some point, he felt that his version would require something no one had done before, which sounds very similar to the language he's using here. I wonder if his idea for Bond was too outside the box for Bond producers to go along with, and Nolan just had to accept that his interests may not be compatible with the franchise.

Nolan has always mined stuff from Bond for the Batman films and Inception, but Tenet really feels like what is meant to be "his Bond film" in an unofficial sense, and is serving to scratch that itch. Heck, the casting of John David Washington even feels like a response to the call for a black James Bond.

Has anyone seen this? Hilarious.

i`ve been searching for info on when will cinemas reopen here in Chile, i found nothing, and its looking really bad, we are now the country with the most infected per million people and it`s still going up, im getting a bit worried, i might not even be able to watch the film in theaters at all :thumbdown:

Did Chile not follow social distancing guidelines?

El Especial wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Did Chile not follow social distancing guidelines?
Typical case of too little too late, the goverment was too worried about the economy, they quarantined us too late, and they only did it with Santiago, add to that that many people with positive covid 19 tests didnt obey the quarantine, its all a shit show to be honest.

Furthermore, i was just looking up the home page of Cinepolis, (formerly cine hoyts) the largest cinema franchise in the country, but the main page redirects me to their streaming/rental service, Cinemark, the second biggest one is still online, with no films on the billboard, and no news or dates or anything, i may be experiencing the death of cinemas in my country, im shitting myself.

Sounds terrible, stay safe man

I'm sure Rex Reed and Hollywood God will HATE Tenet.

gropercity wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 11:49 pm
I'm sure Rex Reed and Hollywood God will HATE Tenet.
I'm sure the critics that don't usually like Nolan movie will dislike it. I'm sure Rex Reed, and Armond White, and David Edilstien, Nick Pinketon and the usually gaggle will take a s*** on it.

But there are true Nolan supporters out there: David L. Sims, Bilge Ebiri, even manohla dargis (of the new York times), MArk KErmode, Robbie Collin, Peter BradshawDavid Ehrlich (he hates Dark Knight rises and doesn't like the DArk Knight, but his support of the prestige, inception, interstellar and Dunkirk is massive).

Then there are the Nolan agnostic critics, like say Matt Zoller Sietz, or Ignaty Vishnevetsky who have been very critical of Nolan in the past, but have seemingly turned around in on him in the last couple of years.

The critic reception is always interesting...should be, like with every Nolan movie, some insightful critics, some bullshit critics...