TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

LeoCobb wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:13 pm
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:00 pm
LeoCobb wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm

Excuse me... What?
https://ridetenet.com/pages/a-letter-from-nolan
Well... explained.
Honestly, the owner of the bike company could try to find ways with Nolan to do some marketing alongside the movie. This could spike his company if used well but of course there would be many deals to work on before doing something like that if were to be possible.

I understand the guy’s concern though because some people always assume the worst. Great that Nolan reached out.

Will this be more of a James Bond movie than what Inception was?

Exotic locations? Check.
Russian villain? Check.
Evil scheme for world domination? Check.
Femme fatale? Check.

Well, it’s over now. They’ve changed it. It looked too good.

This enforces my theory that if you thought of something no matter how original, someone somewhere definitely thought of it before you.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm

This enforces my theory that if you thought of something no matter how original, someone somewhere definitely thought of it before you.
"perhaps lightning can strike twice", yes Chris, it can and it has, has anyone seen that Vsauce video about the guy who got struck by lightning 2 times, then his tombstone also got struck.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm

That's not a theory. It's a statistical fact. No one has a totally original idea. The fact of the matter is thousands or more people come up with the same ideas, but only a few execute on them. The arrangement of this logo is not even original; it's been done to death. The lead singer of Nine Inch Nails even has a palindromic logo with 'NIN' where the second N is reversed. Again, NOT an original idea. But good to see Nolan reached out and stroked this bike company owner's ego.
Last edited by gropercity on May 25th, 2020, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gropercity wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:55 pm
That's not a theory. It's a statistical fact. No one has a totally original idea. The fact of the matter is thousands or more people come up with the same ideas, but only a few execute on them. The arrangement of this logo is not even original; it's been done to death. The lead singer of Nine Inch Nails even has a palindromic logo with 'NIN' where the second N is revered. Again, NOT an original idea. But good to see Nolan reached out and stroked this bike company owner's ego.
Well, yeah but sometime those ideas or thoughts are either too random or too specific to be out there somewhere but it is. I called it a theory because I don’t know if this phenomenon has a name.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:54 pm
"perhaps lightning can strike twice", yes Chris, it can and it has, has anyone seen that Vsauce video about the guy who got struck by lightning 2 times, then his tombstone also got struck.
I’m quoting too much here but I find this so hilarious. It’s relevant yet random at the same time. That guy had no luck.