TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:39 am
I just want a new poster. If COVID-19 wasn’t a thing we would’ve gotten one with the trailer. Plus, IMAX probably prepared a poster as well that would get released when tickets go on sale.

If this gets postponed and they have to cut a new trailer, a new edit of almost the same footage (from all trailers) should do. Sprinkle a little of new moments from the scenes we’ve already seen in the previous trailers.
I don't think so since we didn't get a new poster with the Dunkirk trailer 3 too. Sometime this month though...

antovolk wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 5:29 am
I don't think so since we didn't get a new poster with the Dunkirk trailer 3 too. Sometime this month though...
You’re right. Don’t know why it felt like the trailer and poster came out at the same time.

Dunkirk timeline:

Trailer #3 - 05/05/2017
Poster #2 - 07/06/2017
IGN Exclusive posters - 13/06/2017
IMAX poster - 16/06/2017

And it makes sense to space them out actually. The poster could have an impact like a mini trailer.

The thing that sucks the most about this for me is the marketing campaign/press tour. It would have been so cool to have interviews with this cast and Nolan!

Also though, I feel bad for the cast and for Nolan. Especially for John David Washington and Elizabeth Debicki. They are both up-and-coming actors, not like Pattinson who has Batman coming up and has been in tons of amazing indie films. The press tour could have introduced them to casual moviegoers, who may not have seen them in anything else or simply won't recognize them. I hope Tenet is enough to do that, but based off the roles they've gotten after BlacKkKlansman and Widows (where they both gave excellent performances), that seems kind of unlikely.

It sucks to say this, but there simply aren't many directors out there casting people of color in leading roles in big movies. And there is no doubt in my mind that Debicki loses out on roles (or isn't even considered) because of her height. I respect Nolan so much for casting both of them, and I really felt like this movie was going to elevate their careers and open up new doors. I hope that can still happen.

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 11:36 am
The thing that sucks the most about this for me is the marketing campaign/press tour. It would have been so cool to have interviews with this cast and Nolan!

Also though, I feel bad for the cast and for Nolan. Especially for John David Washington and Elizabeth Debicki. They are both up-and-coming actors, not like Pattinson who has Batman coming up and has been in tons of amazing indie films. The press tour could have introduced them to casual moviegoers, who may not have seen them in anything else or simply won't recognize them. I hope Tenet is enough to do that, but based off the roles they've gotten after BlacKkKlansman and Widows (where they both gave excellent performances), that seems kind of unlikely.

It sucks to say this, but there simply aren't many directors out there casting people of color in leading roles in big movies. And there is no doubt in my mind that Debicki loses out on roles (or isn't even considered) because of her height. I respect Nolan so much for casting both of them, and I really felt like this movie was going to elevate their careers and open up new doors. I hope that can still happen.
You just said what I’ve always wanted to say. A lackluster marketing campaign and no press tour really SUCK, big time.

Oku
Most likely, WB is still not sure if they should go full steam ahead or not, and once/if they do, marketing will hit like a truck (hopefully).

That being said, as someone who eagerly consumed every piece of Dunkirk marketing and now looking back on it, realize how frivolous it all was, I don't mind Tenet's marketing 'drought'.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the film itself, and everything else is just fluff; that interview with Mr. Washington in Esquire (that I couldn't even watch until the end of) confirmed that for me.

I guarantee you that every single interview will be about how complex the film is, how they didn't understand any of it, how physically demanding it was, how practical the practically practical effects practically were, and so on.

It'll all be the same, prepared talking points, just like it was with Dunkirk.

Oku wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:08 pm
Most likely, WB is still not sure if they should go full steam ahead or not, and once/if they do, marketing will hit like a truck (hopefully).

That being said, as someone who eagerly consumed every piece of Dunkirk marketing and now looking back on it, realize how frivolous it all was, I don't mind Tenet's marketing 'drought'.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the film itself, and everything else is just fluff; that interview with Mr. Washington in Esquire (that I couldn't even watch until the end of) confirmed that for me.

I guarantee you that every single interview will be about how complex the film is, how they didn't understand any of it, how physically demanding it was, how practical the practically practical effects practically were, and so on.

That is true. Given the important of secrecy of plot in Nolan's story, there's really not much to be said until the film is released. The trailers released so far already provided more information that expected.

All I want is for Tenet to be released on time.

Oku wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:08 pm

I’d be perfectly fine just hearing about what the shoot was like. For me, the most exciting thing I’ve heard so far was Washington talking about how physically demanding the role was. I’m really interested to hear about the other cast member experiences, and to hear even more about all the stuff Washington had to do. I don’t really care about getting plot points from the interviews, since we’ll eventually see the film.

I can see where some interviews for some actors and some films might be “fluff”, but when you have up-and-comers like Washington and Debicki I think press becomes much more important. I mean, Debicki has had like three “break-out” roles just since The Night Manager aired in 2016. Everyone keeps saying that she’s gonna break out, but for some reason it never really happens.

This movie had the potential to really increase the roles and types of roles that both Washington and Debicki are offered. It’s a bummer.

marshallmurphy wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think you said exactly what we were all feeling, to me that was the biggest loss.To me, Tenet is more than just it's mind-bending plot, its the most expensive film ever to have a poc lead and 2nd biggest film to be edited by a woman. I want nothing more than to see Elizabeth, JDW and Jennifer Lame get more exposure to the public. Give them more opportunity, success for Tenet is success for them also.

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 8:43 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think you said exactly what we were all feeling, to me that was the biggest loss.To me, Tenet is more than just it's mind-bending plot, its the most expensive film ever to have a poc lead and 2nd biggest film to be edited by a woman. I want nothing more than to see Elizabeth, JDW and Jennifer Lame get more exposure to the public. Give them more opportunity, success for Tenet is success for them also.
The interviews and the public speakings will start strongly the week of the premiere and for nearly 3 months in row...so be patient people.
I mean we are NolanFans right??? We all should know that Chris doesn't like to talk much about his films if they aren't out-there yet. And to be honest if all the marketing part was on Chris Nolan hands we would have seen NOTHING until now , no trailers, no tv spots, nothing, maybe only some posters and stuff. The man is do damn secretive. :lol: So thank god for his wife Thomas and WB and all the other team members of marketing that make it possible for us to see trailer and stuff.
So once again, they have invested 200+ million dollars in this film and maybe they will run another 200M in marketing, so don't you doubt It for one single second that they will fail. These are big studios and great professional people we are talking about.
All you have to do is to be patient, be positive, because soon...very soon we will enjoy this masterpiece in Theaters.

another poster made by boss logic Image