TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
They keep saying that Pattinson is the star of the movie when he's not. I agree on Fennessey, he's not the person I want to hear discuss Nolan. Glad Tarantino some what opened his eyes about Dunkirk which was unbelievable in itself.

Nothing insightful whatsoever.

Also, it is very healthy with different opinions. When (if) a filmmaker reaches Nolan's level of popularity and even canonizing, people will obviously feel different about him. I listed to the episode and Fennessey said he is hot and cold on Nolan, and that's more than fair.

Robin wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Also, it is very healthy with different opinions. When (if) a filmmaker reaches Nolan's level of popularity and even canonizing, people will obviously feel different about him. I listed to the episode and Fennessey said he is hot and cold on Nolan, and that's more than fair.
is it worth a listen?

Robin wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 2:00 pm

He can have his opinions and I just don't agree with him on Nolan. I like his views on certain movies, filmmakers, etc. So just like he is with Nolan, I am hot and cold with him.

bootsy wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:49 pm
They keep saying that Pattinson is the star of the movie when he's not.
Yeah people do be like that. I guess what they usually mean is he’s the most recognizable and popular actor in the film, but it’s still so weird to me how some people will try hard to avoid recognizing literally the only person on the poster of the film as *the* star of it lol

I'm fine with him having his viewpoint on Nolan, it's just a shame he is often given more of a platform to express this rather than say someone who is more pro-Nolan like Chris Ryan. Case in point the much maligned Rewatchables episode of Inception.

and yeah it was nice that QT was able to sway him a little more to the good side with Dunkirk.

Ruth wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 3:19 pm
bootsy wrote:
Yeah people do be like that. I guess what they usually mean is he’s the most recognizable and popular actor in the film, but it’s still so weird to me how some people will try hard to avoid recognizing literally the only person on the poster of the film as *the* star of it lol
Yeap. I love Pattinson’s recent work but JDW is the one I’m really hyped for. I really want to see his character and purpose. I mean, Nolan saying he’s very much the hero was really intriguing for me and I want to know what type of hero he’ll be considering how Nolan tends to twist things.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Ruth wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Yeap. I love Pattinson’s recent work but JDW is the one I’m really hyped for. I really want to see his character and purpose. I mean, Nolan saying he’s very much the hero was really intriguing for me and I want to know what type of hero he’ll be considering how Nolan tends to twist things.
Have you watched North by Northwest? I think the first 1/3 of the movie will be similar, in that JDW the main character is involuntarily pulled into doing spy work. He then receives help and is sabotaged by various different parties. Romance will certainly be involved, as it is in most spy movies.

can't wait for JDW and Pattinson to fuck

-Vader

dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Ruth wrote:

Have you watched North by Northwest? I think the first 1/3 of the movie will be similar, in that JDW the main character is involuntarily pulled into doing spy work. He then receives help and is sabotaged by various different parties. Romance will certainly be involved, as it is in most spy movies.
I’ve seen North by Northwest but don’t think it’ll be like that although there might be inspiration from it for the tone, the playful nature of different genres and atmosphere of Tenet.