TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I think Dunkirk is his best. But Interstellar, Dunkirk, and Tenet all tie for me in terms of how much I love them.

I saw Tenet and I couldn't believe how cringey the dialogue was and how the villain is the most generic, cartoonish russian character I've seen in a long time and how the woman character is typical damsel in distress that is frankly outdated in 2020.

I recently watched the No Time To Die trailer and cliche lines, paper thin characters and a cartoonish villain are all in that movie too. At first I couldn't understand what Nolan was thinking when he wrote Tenet but it all makes sense now. Everything about the spy genre is just ridiculous but whatever. It's subjective I guess.

Retskrad wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 9:50 am
I saw Tenet and I couldn't believe how cringey the dialogue was and how the villain is the most generic, cartoonish russian character I've seen in a long time and how the woman character is typical damsel in distress that is frankly outdated in 2020.

I recently watched the No Time To Die trailer and cliche lines, paper thin characters and a cartoonish villain are all in that movie too. At first I couldn't understand what Nolan was thinking when he wrote Tenet but it all makes sense now. Everything about the spy genre is just ridiculous but whatever. It's subjective I guess.
that's fair

Tenet has grown on me so much that it’s legit in my top 3 Nolan films. The movie seems to have an endless amount of layers

Retskrad wrote:

i hate it for these very reasons as well
Nolan is supposed to reinvent genres and not just make generic movies simply according to existing and accepted standards

Retskrad wrote:

except she doesn't quite become the typical damsel in distress... the whole idea is she ultimately sets herself free, and it was her perception of her future self being 'free' she ultimately becomes.

-Vader

I didn’t recognize Taylor-Johnson at first because he had such a big beard. Took me 5 mins to realize it was him, then I was impressed by his flawless English accent cuz for some reason I thought he was American (which after the movie I found out thru wiki that wasn’t the case) LMAO

Bale Fan wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 5:15 am
I didn’t recognize Taylor-Johnson at first because he had such a big beard. Took me 5 mins to realize it was him, then I was impressed by his flawless English accent cuz for some reason I thought he was American (which after the movie I found out thru wiki that wasn’t the case) LMAO
I didn't recognize him till his "That's us" line.

Question regarding the third act?
I wasn’t quite sure who/what the army were fighting at the end? Cuz it seems to me there wasn’t anyone or anything there to fight. The third act went by kinda fast and it was hard for me to catch up with the dialogues.

KEM
Bale Fan wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 10:59 am
Question regarding the third act?
I wasn’t quite sure who/what the army were fighting at the end? Cuz it seems to me there wasn’t anyone or anything there to fight. The third act went by kinda fast and it was hard for me to catch up with the dialogues.
Sator’s men, they’re wearing white uniforms