TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 1:18 am
speedy117 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:04 am
How tf would it be a slip up? You think Nolan would let that pass? And do you think Pattinson is not capable of keeping an accent?
Let's be real, Nolan isn't perfect, he lets minor goofs get through to the final cut all the time. Probably because he likes to do so few takes per shot (I remember there was some interview from a Dunkirk cast or crew member where they said Nolan just did like three takes each shot, then wanted to move on to the next one)

Just off the top of my head...
  • TDK, as mentioned by dragon_phoenix, Oldman lets his British accent slip through
  • TDK: Batman/Joker interrogation scene, a continuity error with Heath's right hand that I could never unsee once I learned about it :lol:
  • TDKR: Talia's death :lol:
  • TDKR, unnecessary cuts, like in the Bane sewer scene where he plants the tracker on his henchman and tells him to "Follow him" (Gordon)
  • TDKR Bane plane hijacking scene, the crew dropping down from the plane are obviously limp dummies for two shots
  • Dunkirk: Modern day fixtures in the background of some shots
  • Dunkirk: The smiling extra on the mole would've made it from the teaser into the final cut if it weren't for all the fuss that was made about it online
  • Interstellar: Tom's kid's *cough* *cough* "The dust" *cough* cough* weird line delivery
  • Interstellar: Odd sound editing in the conversation at the baseball game, look at Murph's mouth when she's supposed to be saying "You hate farming, Dad"

I love Nolan as much as anyone on this forum, but he's going to have mistakes in his movies like every other great director, they don't ruin the overall experience of his movies for me.

So yes, it's entirely possible that Pattinson, as talented as an actor as he is, slipped up on a few takes.

We won't know until we see the actual movie. It's entirely possible that it's intentional, and that Pattinson is playing two separate characters. Or maybe they'll end up using a different take from what we see in the trailer, or polish things up with ADR.
The crew dropping thing doesn’t seem like an issue to me because it would probably look less appealing had it been done with CGI and it isn’t very noticeable only if you really pay attention to it. Also, I don’t know if I’m the only one on this but even though I believed Talia’s dying when she was talking was a weird scene, I never thought it was really unrealistic.

hotsauce32 wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
How tf would it be a slip up? You think Nolan would let that pass? And do you think Pattinson is not capable of keeping an accent?
Let's be real, Nolan isn't perfect, he lets minor goofs get through to the final cut all the time. Probably because he likes to do so few takes per shot (I remember there was some interview from a Dunkirk cast or crew member where they said Nolan just did like three takes each shot, then wanted to move on to the next one)

• TDK, as mentioned by dragon_phoenix, Oldman lets his British accent slip through
  • TDK: Batman/Joker interrogation scene, a continuity error with Heath's right hand that I could never unsee once I learned about it :lol:
  • TDKR, unnecessary cuts, like in the Bane sewer scene where he plants the tracker on his henchman and tells him to "Follow him" (Gordon)
  • TDKR Bane plane hijacking scene, the crew dropping down from the plane are obviously limp dummies for two shots
  • Dunkirk: The smiling extra on the mole would've made it from the teaser into the final cut if it weren't for all the fuss that was made about it online
  • Interstellar: Tom's kid's *cough* *cough* "The dust" *cough* cough* weird line delivery
  • Interstellar: Odd sound editing in the conversation at the baseball game, look at Murph's mouth when she's supposed to be saying "You hate farming, Dad"

I love Nolan as much as anyone on this forum, but he's going to have mistakes in his movies like every other great director, they don't ruin the overall experience of his movies for me.

So yes, it's entirely possible that Pattinson, as talented as an actor as he is, slipped up on a few takes.

We won't know until we see the actual movie. It's entirely possible that it's intentional, and that Pattinson is playing two separate characters. Or maybe they'll end up using a different take from what we see in the trailer, or polish things up with ADR.
You really did your research huh...

Forum Pro
hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:41 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:34 am
Aw man now im never going to unsee that from the dark knight rises prologue lol, its a bit of an eye sore now, but oh well haha.
Ah crap, sorry I had to ruin it :lol: . If it's any comfort, Nolan himself said he regrets how that shot looks. It was in an interview somewhere, I can't seem to find it though
Is this the wide shot of Bane holding Dr. Pavel right after he deployed the tail-end of the plane? Basically the last shot of the prologue.

hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:41 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:34 am
Aw man now im never going to unsee that from the dark knight rises prologue lol, its a bit of an eye sore now, but oh well haha.
Ah crap, sorry I had to ruin it :lol: . If it's any comfort, Nolan himself said he regrets how that shot looks. It was in an interview somewhere, I can't seem to find it though
I honestly don’t see the big deal of that.

Oku
That list is a really random list, like some of them are actually huge errors, while others are everyday filmmaking compromises.

Like, these ones are just nitpicky lol:

While these two are, I admit, mildly bothersome:

But these, I fully agree, are gigantic unforgivable mistakes that go beyond everyday filmmaking/continuity/etc. mistakes:
The Talia one is ridiculous and inexcusable, and you hit it on the head with the Dunkirk smiling extra. It took widespread online mockery for a WB exec to probably intervene and twist Mr. Nolan's arm and get him to CGI it into a frown, otherwise it would have made it into the final film like you said, which is incredibly sloppy.

Not to pile on Nolan, but this one is pretty bad/funny

That extra is taking a beating from nothing, maybe the Invisible Man?

remember when it was suggested that Nolan left Talia's death in because Marion was secretly filming another movie?

It's more likely that Nolan was going for something a little heightened or cheesy, like a Bond villain death. But it just doest really work. Could have been edited around, but they didn't.

Nolan has said before that he's trying to capture a sort of "live performance" quality, and that comes with flaws.

speedy117 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:18 am
Those were literally just ones I remembered off the top of my head. Having watched every Nolan movie upwards of 10 times each, some of those goofs stick out lol

DylanHoang wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:26 am
Is this the wide shot of Bane holding Dr. Pavel right after he deployed the tail-end of the plane? Basically the last shot of the prologue.
No, it's the middle of the prologue, but beginning of the hijacking. 2:15 to 2:19 here:
Oku wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:14 pm
That list is a really random list, like some of them are actually huge errors, while others are everyday filmmaking compromises.
Yeah I was mostly rattling some points off the top of my head. Overarching message of the post was that Nolan's movies have had mistakes in the past, and he might have some in Tenet

hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 1:52 pm
speedy117 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:18 am
Those were literally just ones I remembered off the top of my head. Having watched every Nolan movie upwards of 10 times each, some of those goofs stick out lol

DylanHoang wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:26 am
No, it's the middle of the prologue, but beginning of the hijacking. 2:15 to 2:19 here:
Oku wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:14 pm
Yeah I was mostly rattling some points off the top of my head. Overarching message of the post was that Nolan's movies have had mistakes in the past, and he might have some in Tenet
That is still very impressive. I have watched his movies many times too but I rarely notice any continuity errors.

hotsauce32 wrote:
speedy117 wrote:

Incorrect, Christ Nolan doesn't make mistakes.