TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

dsus4gtr wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:44 pm
New book being mentioned:

https://movieweb.com/tenet-book-quantum ... her-nolan/

"His Quantum Cold War movie"
Sometimes I wonder if people really comprehend what they read. This article does the miracle of saying nothing new and jumping to conclusions all at once. What an achievement lol.

antovolk wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 10:58 am
Moving a bit from the whole cinemas/COVID discussion, the making-of book has been retitled:

The Secrets of Tenet: Inside Christopher Nolan's Quantum Cold War
Discover the secrets of Christopher Nolan's Tenet with this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at 2020's most anticipated film.

FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN comes a mind-blowing espionage thriller so unique that audiences will puzzle over its intricacies for years to come. The Secrets of Tenet takes readers on an exclusive journey into Nolan's time-bending masterpiece, offering rare insights into all aspects of its creation. Featuring in-depth commentary from Nolan himself and a range of other key collaborators--including producer Emma Thomas and production designer Nathan Crowley--The Secrets of Tenet delivers an essential masterclass that lays bare the director's process and his singular creative vision. Illustrated with candid behind-the-scenes imagery and compelling conceptual art, this is the ultimate exploration of a film guaranteed to linger in the imagination long into the future . . . and perhaps the past.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Tenet-J ... 1647220602
Some people are saying the new name for the book might be a bit of a spoiler but I don’t think so considering Nolan doesn’t want for something like that to happen (we know how secretive his ways are since he wants to surprise the audience hopefully) so I assume he had a say on the matter or was ok with that change. Right?

Besides, it’s not like it’s really explaining much about the film other than the new cryptic title for the book.

ChristNolan wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:53 pm
I don’t care what China does. The Chinese are notoriously racist when it comes to their media intake. With a black lead, TENET doesn’t stand much of a chance over there anyways.
I'm so insulted. And the thing is, moviegoers here will go to the movie beacuse of Noaln , as he is a very very popular name and great word-of-mouth once released. They don't care if the lead is black, white or yellow.

The Chinese population is literally racist.

This is not something that can be argued against.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 7:51 pm
Some people are saying the new name for the book might be a bit of a spoiler but I don’t think so considering Nolan doesn’t want for something like that to happen (we know how secretive his ways are since he wants to surprise the audience hopefully) so I assume he had a say on the matter or was ok with that change. Right?
Nolan and WB would have to approve I'm sure. Whether or not the title was supposed to be public just yet is another thing.

to Teddy's point, i wouldnt be shocked if that becomes a tagline on future posters, trailers, and mentioned in the marketing in general.

-Vader

anikom15 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Your comment sounds ironically racist.

anikom15 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Most retarded thing I've read on there, and I read McCrabb's tweets.

China is as racist as America, Europe or anyone else individually if you want to see it this way. I live in Japan but my wife is Chinese, so I've spent lots of time in both of these countries. And, oh surprise, turns out Japan is way more racist than China. But you know, as long as media decides to show what they want, China will always be the big bad wolf and the rest are all nice sheep. China's government is to blame for many awful things, but you cannot blame its population (as they are, actually, the first to suffer from it).

I don't want to talk politics anymore because that's not the point of this forum, so please stick to the topic from now on. Just couldn't let such a stupid statement go unnoticed.

Looking at the Amazon webpage for the book, it says that Kenneth Branagh is doing the Afterword and JDW is doing the Foreword. Just though that was cool...