TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 5:13 pm
Advert for stand ins for actors.
Anyone able to translate and tell us why Ewan McGregor and Melanie Laurent are in the picture? :lol:

Here’s the article-
https://kinoportaal.postimees.ee/670136 ... nt=6701368
Ok I translated and in fact we can deduce that John David Washington, Pattinson, Brannagh and Debicki will have exactly the same look as in these photos. The first picture corresponds to John David Washington, the 2nd to Pattinson, the 3rd to Brannagh and the 4th to Debicki (the size and the age requested correspond perfectly).

It is specifically stated that the stand-in of Washington and Brannagh must have a beard, so the 2 actors will have beard in the movie.

radewart wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 12:08 am
Willem wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Ace wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Noice
This may indicate that the film might actually have some time travel aspect to it
yup

William Blake wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 2:42 am
With all this Estonia stuff I wonder if it’s set during the Cold War or present day or an imagined near future.
Can't see Nolan making a alt-history movie.

I know Tesla is in The Prestige, but that wasn't his concept.

if it is Nolan's alt version of cold war ..i wonder which side India would be on :lol: :lol: :facepalm:

Soviet era experiments of the past could absolutely involve tinkering with time travel as a "weapon" to win wars. Those "scientists" played with all kinds of science - human manipulation, nerve gas, making chimpanzee/human hybrids, creating monster dogs with two heads, zombie dogs, terrifying surgeries, etc. Nothing was off the table. Same with the Germans.

If these people WEREN'T talking about time manipulation, I'd be extremely surprised. Here's my guess on part of the plot: We discover time travel somewhere in the Present Day or very near future, and some Neo-Soviet group threatens to take the technology back in time to the Soviet era, leading to an alternate timeline where the US doesn't win WWII.

Washington is the main protagonist / American spy trying to retrieve the technology and either destroy it or keep it in the present day, and Pattinson is the main antagonist / Russian spy trying to retrieve it to take it back in time. This technology is in the form of some kind of physical MacGuffin object, like a portable USB device or "Rabbit's Foot" from Mission: Impossible 3. It has all the blueprints/notes/files on how to build it in the past.

This is my first post and is this just normal catering in mass shooting or anybody have better experiences.https://www.ohtuleht.ee/966386/menuu-mi ... atele-suua 4 times in a day is free catering
Translation to people, who does not understand Estonian.
On the first day is breakfast sandwich with cheese and ImageDon´t know,how this is in English, but one of something like this.
Pre-Lunch Nuts and vegetables and pear (G,L Vegan) Does it means that there have three sorts of pears?
Lunch is rice with vegetables (G,L,V)and rhubarbscake.It seems like there comes Estonian stuff, because rabarbrikook is classical grandmother´s gift.Usually every cafe have it.
At evening there comes fresh smoothie and Twix

Like commenters said in ohtuleht, there it seems like catering in gulag.How usually that kind of catering is - is this usual catering or sometimes or usually there have nothing.I don´t think that this is possible to offer thousands of big lunches, but sandwich and little cake,pear,banana and apple.I don´t think that lots of applicants will cancel their signing,but it seems like menu for cheerleaders,not just normal men and women.And what these letter meaning G L and V.These are not from Estonian and maybe i´ve mistaken, but is G Grand and L Little or what these letters meaning.

You guys dream about time travel.
There's nothing to poit in that direction.
I don't think Nolan will use it if the story doesn't involve something "real" about it like gravity in interstellar.

snaiper wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 6:53 pm
This is my first post and is this just normal catering in mass shooting or anybody have better experiences.https://www.ohtuleht.ee/966386/menuu-mi ... atele-suua 4 times in a day is free catering
Translation to people, who does not understand Estonian.
On the first day is breakfast sandwich with cheese and ImageDon´t know,how this is in English, but one of something like this.
Pre-Lunch Nuts and vegetables and pear (G,L Vegan) Does it means that there have three sorts of pears?
Lunch is rice with vegetables (G,L,V)and rhubarbscake.It seems like there comes Estonian stuff, because rabarbrikook is classical grandmother´s gift.Usually every cafe have it.
At evening there comes fresh smoothie and Twix

Like commenters said in ohtuleht, there it seems like catering in gulag.How usually that kind of catering is - is this usual catering or sometimes or usually there have nothing.I don´t think that this is possible to offer thousands of big lunches, but sandwich and little cake,pear,banana and apple.I don´t think that lots of applicants will cancel their signing,but it seems like menu for cheerleaders,not just normal men and women.And what these letter meaning G L and V.These are not from Estonian and maybe i´ve mistaken, but is G Grand and L Little or what these letters meaning.
wow, looks delicious

snaiper wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 6:53 pm
I don´t know,how this is in English, but one of something like this.
Those seem to be unglazed cinnamon rolls.
If I had to hazard a guess, those abbreviations might indicate that the entire meal is gluten-free and friendly to those who are lactose-intolerant.

I hope this doesn’t have anti-Russian/Orthodox sentiment.