TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:48 pm
Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 4:50 pm
Tempus Fugit is totally a Nolan title. :o
I like what it translates to, but the word 'fugit' itself looks too much like "fuck it" or "fungus".

Also, I expect one word and not two. :P

Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Oh wait - the 4chan post says the film title is being referred to as just Tempus as well.

Tempus is a much better title. Time.
Where? I only see "Tempus Fugit" in that post.

Alternate titles that this brought to mind that I'd like to throw out just for the heck of it:
- Impulse
- Tempest
http://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/11 ... nolan-2020

Also: "My sources tell me it’s one of the most ambitious scripts ever written."

Tempus DuJour

Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:56 pm
Lmao this makes me to not believe it

Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:54 pm
I don't really agree that he's used the Femme Fatale too much. Let's break it down:

Following - The Blonde (arguably not a Femme Fatale?)
Memento - Natalie (again, not really a Femme Fatale, in my opinion)
Insomnia - Nobody
Batman Begins - Nobody
The Prestige - Olivia? (I would argue no, not at all)
The Dark Knight - Nobody
Inception - Mal (I'd say yes, this is a given)
The Dark Knight Rises - Selina and Miranda (also yes, both givens)
Interstellar - Nobody
Dunkirk - Nobody

So three times in his career, in two movies.
If you don't think the woman in Following is a femme fatale, I wonder what your definition of femme fatale is.

Still only four times in ten films, of which two in one film. Not very often I'd say.

Oku
Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:56 pm
Oku wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:48 pm
Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 4:50 pm
Tempus Fugit is totally a Nolan title. :o
I like what it translates to, but the word 'fugit' itself looks too much like "fuck it" or "fungus".

Also, I expect one word and not two. :P

Angus wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Oh wait - the 4chan post says the film title is being referred to as just Tempus as well.

Tempus is a much better title. Time.
Where? I only see "Tempus Fugit" in that post.

Alternate titles that this brought to mind that I'd like to throw out just for the heck of it:
- Impulse
- Tempest
http://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/11 ... nolan-2020

Oh, it's a slightly different version of the one that Ace posted.

To my surprise, there hasn't been a single feature film with the title "Tempus": https://www.imdb.com/find?q=tempus&s=tt :ninja:

I guess that we will know how true that post is soon enough (like if Mr. Rylance is cast, etc.).

I'm very curious what will be the style of this ! Assuming that he's always challenging and reinventing himself, I have this feeling that this one will have an even more pared-down and abstract/ refined style, something he was already tending to make with Interstellar (the docking scene and action sequences with Dr.Mann)and Dunkirk (some scenes with Farrier and the spitfires), a new way of using thematics etc...
I can't wait to discover what it'll look like technically and in terms of filmmaking style/mise-en-scène.

Controversial opinion: Can we have less plane/air combat this time around? Past three films have revolved heavily around aerial shots and combat. Ready for some more unique hand-to-hand action sequences (like Inception's hallway scene on steroids).

If there's any truth to Tempus Fugit (or some variation of that phrase) being the working title, it would feel consistent with how Memento started out as a short story titled Memento Mori (another Latin phrase).

What is the "time continuum"? Does the article mean space-time continuum, such as, dealing with Einstein's theory of relativity?