TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Hey, if it was for any other reason, i would be a bit mad aswell, but i think the situation requires more empathy and patience, there are more important things on the table right now i think.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 10:21 pm
I did some research and was able to find the VFX count for Nolan's big films (someone on Reddit posted the count, and I posted here wondering if they were accurate numbers). I was able to find interviews and articles talking about the effects, so these should be fairly accurate.

I can't believe how few Tenet has. I thought Dunkirk was the most "real" an action movie could ever get! Let me know if you guys think these look more accurate.

Batman Begins — 620
The Dark Knight — 650
Dark Knight Rises — 450
Inception — 500
Interstellar — 700
Dunkirk — 429
Tenet — 280
pretty amazing

What does the protests have to do with the release date? These kind of protests are nothing new or special in the US. After 1-2 weeks everyone goes back to normal life. Until the next incident.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 2:59 am
What does the protests have to do with the release date? These kind of protests are nothing new or special in the US. After 1-2 weeks everyone goes back to normal life. Until the next incident.
So many people are in close proximity to each other hence, there's elevated chance of coronavirus transmission particularly in NYC which could lead to a spike and delay the onset of easing restrictions. NYC needs to get to stage 4 in order for cinemas to open and with only 5 weeks to go they're not even at stage 1

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 4:21 am
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
So many people are in close proximity to each other hence, there's elevated chance of coronavirus transmission particularly in NYC which could lead to a spike and delay the onset of easing restrictions. NYC needs to get to stage 4 in order for cinemas to open and with only 5 weeks to go they're not even at stage 1
There's strong evidence from Italy that coronavirus has gotten weaker though. The viral load in new covid patients has dropped significantly.

Also, I do think that it's possible that Tenet gets released before NYC opens up.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 5:03 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
There's strong evidence from Italy that coronavirus has gotten weaker though. The viral load in new covid patients has dropped significantly.

Also, I do think that it's possible that Tenet gets released before NYC opens up.
Can't really compare NYC to Italy rn, NYC has still many infected people and they're not in extreme lockdowns as Italy was in.

And yes that is the question, does WB open Tenet without NY + LA + SF which make up 25% of domestic box office gross? SF already announced they're only opening in August

intersteIIarx wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 5:39 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
intersteIIarx wrote:

Can't really compare NYC to Italy rn, NYC has still many infected people and they're not in extreme lockdowns as Italy was in.

And yes that is the question, does WB open Tenet without NY + LA + SF which make up 25% of domestic box office gross? SF already announced they're only opening in August
I mean the potency of the virus seems to have decreased.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 5:40 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 5:39 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:

I mean the potency of the virus seems to have decreased.
lol that's because people are more educated about it. They're washing their hands, wearing masks and gloves, temperature checks, social distancing etc

Saw this

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:43 am
Saw this
Yup I'm elated we're lucky to have the currently the world's largest IMAX screen, hopefully WB will release it July 16, I'm from Melbourne I always see Nolan's films there.