TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
11oneoneeleven wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Collins wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 8:14 am
A month was planned and now only 10 days ...
No, a month was requested, but it was always unreasonable and they knew they would not get it. Basic bargaining.
exactly

Nolan62 wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 5:39 pm
They plan to film some scenes by helicopter apparently

Don't forget that the working tittle of this is "Merry-go-Round".
And that it has been described as something REVOLVING around the world of international.

I really predict a lot of technical innovations, something completely crazy in the form.

The only statement made by Nolan himself for now was that he wants absolutely to give people a reason to live the house and go to the cinema.

Nolan is preparing us a truly cinematic roundabout.
He'll carry us into a completely unique and new thing. Trust that.

"inventing new genres" he said.

Well I wonder what he's tackling narrative wise with this. With Dunkirk he basically perfected telling intersecting storylines which each have their own momentum while overall keeping it tense from the very first scene until the last. It's a tremendous achievement and I think he was at his most focused with Dunkirk.

I mean, we saw in TDKR that the action was snowballing. And with Interstellar he had a huge segment like that as well. Given that Dunkirk was the pinnacle in this way of storytelling I wonder what was his idea for this. All his films are so driven by their narratives.

Dunkirk didn't really perfect it. It fails in two ways in trying to continually build a ever-compounding sense of suspense. He spends far too much time allowing the soldiers to safely and soundly sleep before they get onto the beached ship and he interrupts the tension with the galleon of civilian ships arriving at Dunkirk before the climax has finished. Dunkirk is a great movie, but it's not perfect.

Nolan's editing philosophy isn't exclusive to Dunkirk either. Most of his movies intercut between tense moments, with each riding off the wave of the other. In the Dark Knight Rises, he even cuts right after the first few punches with Bane in the climax to show Blake loading kids onto the bus.

Sorry if this is somewhat off topic, but, does anyone know how is it feasible to apply for the Ravello casting call? Because all that I've encountered simply are articles in italian and google translation is not the greatest ally... I also haven't seen a production/casting company being mentioned in them and I can't really figure out how the applications forms are going to take place. Thanks a bunch!

Ace
Montepasse wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 3:36 pm
Sorry if this is somewhat off topic, but, does anyone know how is it feasible to apply for the Ravello casting call? Because all that I've encountered simply are articles in italian and google translation is not the greatest ally... I also haven't seen a production/casting company being mentioned in them and I can't really figure out how the applications forms are going to take place. Thanks a bunch!
Looks like Collins posted the casting company above your post.

Maybe this is helpful too.
Here is the announcement of the casting: The selections for the extras will start on July 4th at the "Oscar Niemeyer" auditorium from 10 to 17.

We are mainly looking for men and women aged 18 to 70, living on the Amalfi Coast and in neighboring areas, in particular: professional waiters and maître, from 25 to 55 years old, both aged men and women from 18 years of age of all ethnic groups, tall, fair-skinned athletes with light eyes, Italian and foreign nationals, men and women operating in the maritime sector, medical doctors between the ages of 40 and 50, must be of age, available from 31 July to 18 August and take to the photocopy casting a valid identity document and tax code.
Seems like you have to attend a casting at an auditorium if I’m understanding correctly.

We are mainly looking for[...]medical doctors between the ages of 40 and 50, must be of age, available from 31 July to 18 August and take to the photocopy casting a valid identity document and tax code.
Are there really many doctors who are going to try and get some extra cash by working likely as a minimum-wage extra?