TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Can we please get more info on this?

K thanks WB

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 3:34 pm
Angus wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 2:48 pm
Dunkirk is factually a smaller film, in my opinion.
I lol'ed.

Great points all around, though.
;)

Nolan still bitter from all the Batman Begins leaks.

Mulholland-Jr wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 3:46 pm
He was also probably not thrilled about the Interstellar script floating around back in 2009 or 2010. Probably a big reason why he re-wrote a bunch of stuff.

I don't know why we keep going in circles saying that this film being a "smaller film" because what does that mean? Dunkirk is not a smaller film by any means cause I kind of don't really know what that means. It had a smaller budget than expected, especially because it came after Interstellar which according to Google had a 165M budget, so a budget of around a 100M compared to that is definitely smaller. But a film with a 100M budget is not by any means small. It definitely didn't look nor feel small to me at all.

I think Nolan proved with Dunkirk that he can achieve so much while still keeping the budget lower than what is being spent on blockbusters today, which definitely makes the studio happy.

Already advertised as an IMAX film, filmed with IMAX films cameras (the cameras and film are bloody expensive). Comes out in the summer. The man himself said while promoting Dunkirk that he's gonna keep making "big" films as much as he can because it's a privilege.

Angus wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 3:48 pm
Mulholland-Jr wrote:
He was also probably not thrilled about the Interstellar script floating around back in 2009 or 2010. Probably a big reason why he re-wrote a bunch of stuff.
I don't like most of your spamming, but this is probably fairly accurate.
Getting my hands on that script was like sniffing cocaine. :ninja:

cclem wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Angus wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 3:48 pm
Mulholland-Jr wrote:
I don't like most of your spamming, but this is probably fairly accurate.
Getting my hands on that script was like sniffing cocaine. :ninja:
My spamming?

i`ll have to disagree on the whole Dunkirk is a smaller film "thing", while it is smaller in scope than interstellar, its bigger in its scope than all the batman films, its about an event that changed the course of human history !
thematically and narratively its easily his second "biggest" film.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 28th, 2019, 12:19 am
i`ll have to disagree on the whole Dunkirk is a smaller film "thing", while it is smaller in scope than interstellar, its bigger in its scope than all the batman films, its about an event that changed the course of human history !
thematically and narratively its easily his second "biggest" film.
Correct, but Nolan scoped it in a very small fashion. He took large-scaled elements, and downsized it all. Even the use of IMAX stayed very up close and interpersonal (granted, he always seems to do that).

Smaller film = smaller budget than director’s previous films.

I think this film will be similar to or even smaller budget than Dunkirk.

I actually think Interstellar’s release date hurt it’s critic scores and box office. It should have been a summer film.