TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Late May seems a bit late. I'm thinking late April/early May it will be announced.

quervo wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:20 am
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 10:12 pm
quervo wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 5:57 pm

I've seen both of them, the Hungarian movie is pure trash. :D
just like the 90% of our movies
But the Soviet one was okay.
What did you think of how they handled the concept in the Soviet one?
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 10:12 pm
quervo wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 5:57 pm

I've seen both of them, the Hungarian movie is pure trash. :D
just like the 90% of our movies
But the Soviet one was okay.
What did you think of how they handled the concept in the Soviet one?
I started to read the novel first, because I loved the idea, but for some reason I don't like Asimov's style (or the translation), so I dropped it, then I watched the movies. So unfortunately I can't compare it to the original material. It was quite a while ago, so I can't recall all my memories, I remember only a few things: I loved it overall, it had unique stage designs (cave-like interiors), which made it easier to believe the story is set in the distant future, but it didn't operate with a bunch of extras, only 3-4 actors max in each scene. It was like a long, dark, soviet Doctor Who episode. I'm going to rewatch it soon.
[/quote]

I see. The end of eternity definitely has a really good concept. Hopefully New Regency will do a good adaptation of the novel at some point. I would like to see Christopher Nolan say something else about Tenet or at least to see what David Washington has to say cause Debicki made it clear she couldn’t talk about it. I wonder if David is that limited as well.

After we get out of this tragedy surrounding us of course. Lives are more important.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 12:23 pm
Late May seems a bit late. I'm thinking late April/early May it will be announced.
I only said late May is because it seems like they are trying to stick to the July date for as long as possible, and don't want to get ahead of themselves.

I can't stop thinking about the main concept, and it is full of paradoxes, even the smallest things. Let's take a simple example:

It's raining. FWD lives normally, forwards, for him rain is falling down from the clouds, he needs an umbrella to avoid it. BCK lives backwards, for him rain is falling upwards, which means if he wants to stay in the dry, he needs to walk on an upside-down umbrella. If he does, the umbrella eliminates the raindrop, which will never get up, which means for FWD that raindrop was never formed, therefore it couldn't fall down, so it couldn't hit BCK's umbrella.

I start to think that whenever they reverse time, they create an alternative world, and it fades into ours.

quervo wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 10:31 am
I can't stop thinking about the main concept, and it is full of paradoxes, even the smallest things. Let's take a simple example:

It's raining. FWD lives normally, forwards, for him rain is falling down from the clouds, he needs an umbrella to avoid it. BCK lives backwards, for him rain is falling upwards, which means if he wants to stay in the dry, he needs to walk on an upside-down umbrella. If he does, the umbrella eliminates the raindrop, which will never get up, which means for FWD that raindrop was never formed, therefore it couldn't fall down, so it couldn't hit BCK's umbrella.

I start to think that whenever they reverse time, they create an alternative world, and it fades into ours.
What the fuck

Probably not, but do you guys think the reluctance of delaying has something to do with the date being meaningful? Like a part of the film, or the concept of the film..

Do you guys think if it's possible that the announcement of the delay will be accompanied by any new promo material? Like new stills or footage. Or Nolan could record a video himslef to announce the news. I mean, that will be some saving grace.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 6:15 am
Do you guys think if it's possible that the announcement of the delay will be accompanied by any new promo material? Like new stills or footage. Or Nolan could record a video himslef to announce the news. I mean, that will be some saving grace.
That will make no sense.

It's just my wish which I know it's not gonna happen. Why so serious lol.

So I am not sure if this is already discussed. But does anybody know if people in post-production still working on this film? Let's say the release date will be the same, is it then still possible to finish the film on time.